Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Joe Boccia is infamous around these parts
Anyone know where the headlamp washer button or switch is

07 flying spur, i cant seem to find it.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
When the headlights are turned on [not sure about auto position] and you pull the windshield washer stalk and hold for so many seconds the headlight washers will operate.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:25 AM
Lars_Tempest is infamous around these parts
..Johnny is of course right. But headlamp washer can clog up due to infrequent use, as mine had..Dealer told me I needed a new pump and new lines / nozzles, when in fact a simple pressured air clean did the trick.. works a treat.

Old 01-21-2023, 08:21 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
will check if it works on mine - i dont know yet - but just in case - what you did with the preasured air? did you disconected anything to do the thing or what?

Old 01-21-2023, 05:27 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lars_Tempest
..Johnny is of course right. But headlamp washer can clog up due to infrequent use, as mine had..Dealer told me I needed a new pump and new lines / nozzles, when in fact a simple pressured air clean did the trick.. works a treat.
Where did you disconnect to blow in the air? Do you remember how much psi you used as to not rupture the lines?

Old 01-21-2023, 10:36 PM
BruceR is infamous around these parts
One word of caution on the headlamp washers. IIRC from the manual for my old '09 the headlamp washer is activated every fourth time you use the windscreen washer (or something like that). Walking the dog one day I noticed a guitar pick shaped piece of plastic on the side of the road across the street from my house. Curious, I picked it up and turned it over to see that it matched my car's color perfectly and realized it was my right headlamp washer cover which I hadn't yet noticed was missing! I was able to extend the washer arm out with needle nose pliers and snapped it back on and added some glue. Since I really have no need for the headlamp washers I pulled the fuse for them (located in the engine compartment fuse box) so I wouldn't risk losing one again. The Gen 2 bodies like my '16 don't have that mechanism.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@BruceR ,
The same just happened to me recently, except I believe that I ever so slightly bumped the curb with the very bottom of the bumper, and it tweaked and popped it off, I looked all over for it, but never found it, I noticed it about an hour later, so I went back to the exact parking spot, the lot attendant was sweeping the spot, I asked if he saw it, he had no response, so I asked him if I could look in his garbage bucket as he didn't seem to get what I was looking for, eventhough I showed him the drivers side, he said "NO"... so I purchased a used one of the same color off of eBay.

I think that I will either epoxy or use some GE 50 year clear silicone to secure it better.

Johnny

Old 08-30-2024, 11:58 AM
CUE99T
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Where did you disconnect to blow in the air? Do you remember how much psi you used as to not rupture the lines?

Any update on how this got resolved? Same problem as mine is blocked clearly........