Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having some issued with alignment (camber)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Rat3d M is infamous around these parts
Having some issued with alignment (camber)

I recently bought a 2011 Panamera 4 for the wife, and took it to the alignment shop to fix some pulling to the right issues. The shop was unable to get the front driver camber in spec. He said it's already maxed out. Everything else is now within spec but it still pulls to the right (though not as bad but still very noticeable). Any ideas?

Old 09-07-2019, 06:55 AM
jzchen is infamous around these parts
If they are non-directional tires (I hope) can try swapping left front <-> right front and see if it pulls left. Then the tires are the cause.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:36 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Yes, what you need to do is:
- make sure tire pressure is correct - often tech will put in one level in all 4 tires, but it needs to be proper for rear and front (different pressures for my turbo)
- if still no go, you need to loosen the upper control arm bolt and move the arm in direction that will allow to bring tire in spec. Then tighten the bolt up.
- May need to repeat with lower control arm and tie rod bolts too.
Numbers will fall into spec then. I saw this on mine once, did above and all went well. Remember, bolts go into holes that are larger than the bolt so there is play.
Adjustments are in tenths of one degree, so minute differences, more than enough for the bolts to make a difference.

Old 09-01-2024, 10:28 AM
jzchen is infamous around these parts
After replacing the driver front upper control arm with aftermarket unit my trusted shop could not get camber within spec. Now the bushings seemed to have failed (very early) again. Been looking for a polyurethane replacement. I know Siberian Bushings makes them for the Cayenne, that also supposedly fit the Panamera, but then Powerflex also makes Cayenne specific bushings, (no claim to fit the Panamera). There's non-camber adjustable and also camber adjustable version (part # ends in G). Do you guys think it will even fit? I remember extremely tight tolerance to tighten the bolt...

https://powerflexusa.odoo.com/shop/p...djustable-4534

Old Today, 05:38 PM
sp3000 is infamous around these parts
I have the same issue, it was caused by the subframe not aligned properly. It had obviously been loosed off when Porsche did work on the suspension, sway bar etc. There was a sharpie mark around the corners that you could see were out by at least 10mm when they tightened it back up.. I'll need to get it back on the wheel alignment hoist, loosen the subframe, realign and then have the wheel alignment done.
They should have done this in the first place, but only realised after spending hours on the wheel alignment wondering why they couldn't get one side in spec.