Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Egts 2004 Bentley continental GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 07:41 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Egts 2004 Bentley continental GT

Hi guys what side of the engine is egts 1 my iets manual has stopped working thanks

Old 10-15-2019, 09:41 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
It is on bank 1 which is the left side of the motor (facing from the front). I just changed mine and it is VERY difficult to reach with conventional tools. You will need a half socket and a flat bar extension to reach it.. Bentley has a special tool just for this issue. The temp sensor on bank 2 is MUCH easier to access. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2019, 12:01 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of

Old 10-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by PMS
Thanks PM's I'm such an idiots!!I bought the circuit board to repair these egts and as my manual on my laptop packed up I took it for granted and replaced the UK passenger's side ha ha I'd had a few issues that side getting hot,i changed it only to have the bank 1 sensor pop up on the diag machine again guess I'll order another ha ha they are a fraction of the price of a new sensor but it does help if you swap the right one out ,I can't believe my stupidity

Old 10-15-2019, 12:56 PM
PMS

Old 10-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by PMS

Might do that one tomorrow 😂😂 re

Old 10-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Just read your post, we've all done it the past mate, all the best ...
Ha ha Rico remember we were chatting in another thread I wrote about the egts and one of the guys said to try the circuit board swap as per one of the Audi threads.well I but the bullet and thought I'd have a go.i didn't even remove it from the car just undid the connector and pulled the box to the top of the engine and unsoldered it and re soldered the new board it was relatively easy I've taken a few pics to post up here being all smug that I'd achieved it only to realise I'd swapped the wrong one ha ha .well atleast I know the one I took out was good and the replacement was a success because that also works 😂😂😂 I might just resolde the board into the other module tomorrow and see what happens .

Old 11-13-2019, 02:21 PM

New board

Decided to do it in place saves removing it out if the exhaust

Cover turbo pipe

Remove lid with screwdriver

After popping off lid with screwdriver clear off sticky coating gel flux just the 5 terminals then heat with a soldering iron

As your heating gently pry from underneath with a small screwdriver

Remove board and clean as much out as possible

Now could mea the fidly bit. My iron packed up so had to go pinch my partner's from her hobby box.not the best iron so soldering was hard. The prongs that need a dollop of solder don't like solder so you need to be quick.add heat dab solder and remove leaving a bit behind on the prong

Add flux and dab wire on and add heat quickly removing iron

Voila some very shoddy soldering but all connected .re seal lid with silicone and put it all back together

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM
gregwarner is infamous around these parts
Where did you get the replacement circuit board? Did you have to buy the whole assembly and strip out the board, or can it be bought separately?

Old 01-27-2020, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by gregwarner
Where did you get the replacement circuit board? Did you have to buy the whole assembly and strip out the board, or can it be bought separately?
I bought just the boards from a company called sidmotorsport email them and they sell you the one for the Audi bituro (same board ) then clear out original box with silicone in it and replace with the new ones

Old 05-02-2022, 06:39 AM
Boydonegood1 is infamous around these parts
Hi guys.
I’ve got a Exhaust temp sensor bank 1 fault code up. Has put engine light on but no other issues.
could this board be my saviour?
is Sidmotorsport the Polish site?

really appreciate any advice. Thanks. Terry

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
I bought just the boards from a company called sidmotorsport email them and they sell you the one for the Audi bituro (same board ) then clear out original box with silicone in it and replace with the new ones

Old 05-11-2022, 06:05 PM
tteplitzmd is infamous around these parts
There is an excellent youtube video on replacement of the sensor (not the board).
My bank 1 went and replacement of the sensor, while difficult fixed the problem.
You can OEM and non OEM sensors from Flying Spares.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:11 AM
Langer59 is infamous around these parts
Special tool homemade

Originally Posted by PMS
It is on bank 1 which is the left side of the motor (facing from the front). I just changed mine and it is VERY difficult to reach with conventional tools. You will need a half socket and a flat bar extension to reach it.. Bentley has a special tool just for this issue. The temp sensor on bank 2 is MUCH easier to access. Good luck!
Yep, I can confirm this. We have built our own tool, sacrifying a 17 nut, cutting it in half and weld it to a flat iron bar. It worked out well, but only after using induction heating.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221028_164833.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	5.58 MB
ID:	535055  
Old 01-01-2024, 11:38 AM
smallclaims is infamous around these parts
Exhaust Sensor Circuit Boards

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Thanks PM's I'm such an idiots!!I bought the circuit board to repair these egts and as my manual on my laptop packed up I took it for granted and replaced the UK passenger's side ha ha I'd had a few issues that side getting hot,i changed it only to have the bank 1 sensor pop up on the diag machine again guess I'll order another ha ha they are a fraction of the price of a new sensor but it does help if you swap the right one out ,I can't believe my stupidity
Could you tell me from where you purchased these circuit boards please with contact details?
Thank you in anticipation

Old 01-01-2024, 04:27 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by smallclaims
Could you tell me from where you purchased these circuit boards please with contact details?
Thank you in anticipation
https://g.co/kgs/EMLrRTb

Email Sid motorsports and advise them of your vehicle to confirm which version EGT/PCB board is appropriate for your Bentley. The company is in Poland. Essentially they are providing the Audi Bi turbo version if I recall.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Egts 2004 Bentley continental GT