Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Reverse camera for 2012 Garmin Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Char Aznable is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Reverse camera for 2012 Garmin Cars

Hey Guys, I have a 2012 Virage that comes with the Garmin sat-nav. I am not sure if there is a thread covering the possibility of adding a backup camera for the Garmin system. But I would feel much better driving the car when there is one. I had a blue 11 Vantage S before this car and that car came with the Volvo system and a cube camera on the back. The 13 DB9 comes with a standard rearview camera(correct me if I'm wrong) and I want to know if it is possible to get the 13 db9 camera on the Virage?

Old 11-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Contact Rich at redpants.lol or go direct to Aston installations in England...
They sold and installed front and rear cameras that use my GPS screen on my 09 vantage...but they provide for all Aston Martins.
I have had no problems.
I do not know if different systems can be swapped into different Aston Martin models. You can call your Aston dealer they would know.
Good luck...

Old 11-04-2019, 01:32 PM
I know Aston Installation and their work is fantastic for early cars but I don’t see the point of getting the system for a garmin car as the only thing that is not up to standard on the Virage is the back up camera( I will be ok without apple car play). My concern is the possibility of converting a VH113 new db9 reverse camera onto a VH112 Virage

Old 11-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Honestly...I understand. I would still contact James or Lenny and ask about your car. These guys are very honest and their work is Top Line as far as I am concerned.
James is always developing new products for the Astons....they reply to emails given them.
At least you would have an answer by professionals not someone guessing...for what you need.

Irish07 now with Velocity AP I bet could answer your question too as he was an Aston Martin top rated tech before going to Velocity AP given many awards by Aston Martin...they are a forum sponsor.

Good luck...sorry I could not answer your question.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Char Aznable
Hey Guys, I have a 2012 Virage that comes with the Garmin sat-nav. I am not sure if there is a thread covering the possibility of adding a backup camera for the Garmin system. But I would feel much better driving the car when there is one. I had a blue 11 Vantage S before this car and that car came with the Volvo system and a cube camera on the back. The 13 DB9 comes with a standard rearview camera(correct me if I'm wrong) and I want to know if it is possible to get the 13 db9 camera on the Virage?
The only advise I can offer is that a back camera is a great benefit for parking and overall safety. I installed a Vovotech unit in my 09 Vantage roadster that included not only a backup camera but a front camera using the stock Nav screen. It makes backing up (especially with the top up) and parking so much easier.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:33 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
back up camera a great addition. for my vantage, I went with a custom rear view mirror screen since I never use the nav screen. I have a front and rear camera set up all fully reversible to return car back to stock.

definitely look at options...

Last edited by MRCW; 11-06-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:10 PM
NotanM is an unknown quantity at this point
'12 might be tough depending on the month of production on your V8V, the OEM camera is for '13+

Old 11-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Oh, this is for my Virage, my apologies for the confusion. The Volvo based Vantage S came with a backup camera. I just feel like there should definitely be a way to get a oem-ish solution for the first year Garmin systems. If not I can live with it.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Indeed, my 11 Vantage S had a rearview camera but not the front, and I cracked the carbon splitter:/ The Virage just worries me so much more since the car is bigger and it has Zero camera and to be honest parking sensors on these cars just don't work that well. Parking for the Virage just requires extra attention and it's kind of unpleasant. The Volvotech firmware would probably not work with the Virage since it went to the Garmin stuff.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:54 PM
It's the advises that helps my friend. This is a weird topic since my car built in the first year they switch, the gap car between these type of changes usually has the most headache

Old 11-06-2019, 05:34 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I understand your plight. I've done separate stand alone camera systems in my Aston Martin and Porsche Boxster because i could not a "factory" integrated system. Many folks want something "OEM" but that can be a fallacy since it was never "OEM" if it wasn't offered that way. That is why I integrate something into my cars that works well and the way I want and is fully reversible to get the car back to original.

Perhaps that is the way to approach your desire for front and rear cameras in your Virage