Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wanting Caliper Color Suggestions - DB9 Blacked Out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Caliper color suggestions DB9: Choice made and pics

My DB9 has gone through some changes over the past 5 months. While the bright yellow calipers looked stunning when there was chrome trim, and brushed clear machined wheels. But now that it has all the chrome trim blacked out, satin black wheels and the bright yellow calipers seem too much in your face for me.

I have thought silver calipers might be too bright again, black calipers would seem to murdered out which i dont want. So my thought is to do a British Racing Green or the Heritage Aston green and do gold lettering on them. Kinda matching the rear wing badge colors. Somewhat subtle but am open to all the suggestions you guys have. I will be removing the calipers, sanding them down, and can have a body shop paint them any of the colors. I will then apply high temp vinyl AM stickers in any color needed, then high temp clear over them. Pic below of the car now.

PS-----I have had thoughts of possibly doing satin clear PPF which will make the whole car satin black. Just a possible future option.

Last edited by SheriffDep; 03-23-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:06 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Sheriff

black gives you infinite options

you can go

wild - orange, lime essence, hot pink, sunburst yellow
highlight - red, yellow, white
Subtle - silver, gold, grey,
murdered - black,

seems you are leaning to subtle and alloro green and gold / yellow has heritage

be interested to see what you decide

graze

Old 11-05-2019, 08:14 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Graze
Sheriff

black gives you infinite options

you can go

wild - orange, lime essence, hot pink, sunburst yellow
highlight - red, yellow, white
Subtle - silver, gold, grey,
murdered - black,

seems you are leaning to subtle and alloro green and gold / yellow has heritage

be interested to see what you decide

graze

I have tossed around a titanium blue color and the Alluro green. Yes the orange, yellow, lambo green are too too much. I want some sort of classiness semblance left. Or as much as i can. I guess not much is.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:30 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Navy blue or burgundy,

Old 11-05-2019, 09:51 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I have tossed around a titanium blue color and the Alluro green. Yes the orange, yellow, lambo green are too too much. I want some sort of classiness semblance left. Or as much as i can. I guess not much is.

a semi metallic bronze with black lettering

Old 11-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
a semi metallic bronze with black lettering

Like the burnt orange calipers on the GTR's or the AMG Carbon Ceramics?

I had originally a brownish bronze and was horrible.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:39 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Like the burnt orange calipers on the GTR's or the AMG Carbon Ceramics?

I had originally a brownish bronze and was horrible.
Yeah I think more of an orangeish gold bronze would look awesome on a fully blacked out car.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:42 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Those black wheels make your gorgeous DB9 look like some car ... loose them and stick with OEM ... http://www2.astonmartin.com/accessories/db9/wheels

Old 11-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
You missed a spot.....sorry I couldn't resist! Car looks great and I agree that you have a lot of flexibility. My first thought (with your clear tail lights and side markers) is either a pewter-like silver or gray, both with black lettering.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:48 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hedged
You missed a spot.....sorry I couldn't resist! Car looks great and I agree that you have a lot of flexibility. My first thought (with your clear tail lights and side markers) is either a pewter-like silver or gray, both with black lettering.
I have a blacked out meteorite silver vantage and my calipers are silver grey with black letters... looks good to me

Old 11-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Bones 53 is on a distinguished road
This might sound stupid,but I would go to the Aston Martin car configurator and configure a DB11 to the closest color scheme as yours. I would then cycle the caliper colors to what best suits my fancy.
Thanks,
JH

Old 11-06-2019, 05:27 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. Best response 🥇

Originally Posted by Bones 53
This might sound stupid,but I would go to the Aston Martin car configurator and configure a DB11 to the closest color scheme as yours. I would then cycle the caliper colors to what best suits my fancy.
Thanks,
JH

Old 11-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Daarthvader is an unknown quantity at this point
Go crazy, neon green, bright orange, purple 🤷🏻*♂️.

on a side note where
did you get that diffuser and trunk lip?

Old 11-07-2019, 03:57 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Orange

Old 11-07-2019, 04:32 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I would go red, sorry... Mine are light grey on Meteorite Silver with black wheels, looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanting Caliper Color Suggestions - DB9 Blacked Out