Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2015 Bentley Flying Spur Audio system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 02:16 AM
Robert Markamian is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 Bentley Flying Spur Audio system

Just picked up a 2015 Flying Spur. Love the car but I have some concerns about the audio system...it sucks!

Im not sure of the system really is as bad as it sounds or if the amp may be bad? It’s a consistent low quality tone from all speakers it seems like, bass exists but is not too clean either. Same bad quality is heard with satellite radio, Bluetooth and HD Radio. Does anyone else with this year have any issues with the audio quality or am I just expecting too much? My car does not have the Naim system.

Also, I hear a lot of rattles from the door when some bass is played. I’m just concerned because my car still has warranty and the dealer says it sounds normal but it’s really a shame if this is what Bentley produces out of the factory 4 years ago.

any ideas or suggestions on what should be looked at or tested to see if any component is bad? Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you -Rob

Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the prompt response. I’m looking for another flying Spur since the dealer didn’t have one sitting in the lot so I can test out.

I did take it in but they said it’s working as designed, but my service center was a horrendous experience from start to finish, so I’m not expecting much accuracy from them anyway.

It’s all speaker, when I zone out each corner they equally sound bad. I’m just not sure if this is what it’s supposed to sound like. I’m coming from a 2016 S550 and that car was not the best but it was way better. My problem is that it sounds like something is actually wrong...there’s distinct distortion in the speakers after 70% volume or higher.

anyone perhaps know of a good Bentley dealer/service center around the Los Angeles area?

Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
Sounds to me like theres most definitely an amp issue. I can turn mine up without any distortion what so ever and the clarity remains. Simply contact Bentley and demand rectification.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:12 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Sounds like typical blown speaker or two. Most blown speakers will still play but give you that “rattling” sound when the bass notes hit.
These cars are not “tuned” as an good solid aftermarket system might be. I would say take it to a good custom car audio place in your area (if there is one) that works on high end cars and get their opinion on if the system sounds out of wack. Then go from there. Plus you have a 15’....a 2016-2019 should have the same system in it. You don’t have to go to a Bentley dealer to have a listen...just find one at a lot and check it out like your in the market for one.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 11-06-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:50 AM
AJ1
Whatever the reason for the poor sound quality doesn't matter Rico. Robert is fully covered under warranty and ought to act on that .... with his big stick

Old 11-06-2019, 06:52 AM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AJ1
Whatever the reason for the poor sound quality doesn't matter Rico. Robert is fully covered under warranty and ought to act on that .... with his big stick
Well the good thing is in the US Bentley dealer pickup and delivery is reimbursed by Bentley so even if you need to find a dealer a state over that agrees have them pick it up. I used one a couple states away a few times for various cars.

Bentley Corporate is polite but ineffective if things do go wrong though. A attorneys letter does better.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys...

So i'm afraid its an amp issue because sometimes its worse than other times. At all times its running through satellite radio so it should be consistent. The rattling is coming from the joining part of the wood and leather. Its just a cheap noise coming from a not so cheap car. Very disappointing. My dealer does not want to even deal with it...they told me everything seems fine. They do a walk around with me with the car...hear the rattling sounds, acknowledge the noises, hear the speakers sounding like something is wrong, acknowledge that...then they keep my car for days and days and return it to me stating they couldn't duplicate it. So obnoxious.

The service manager sat in my car this last time and even put his hand on the rattling parts of the door...wondered how it can make those noises...but yet again declined any repairs.

I'm just convinced that even though my cars under full warranty, Bentley will not pay for these types of repairs and issues like these might have to be "good willed" by the dealer and they just don't want to. I'm going to need to go find another flying spur somewhere and listen to the speakers before I conclude anything.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:31 AM
AJ1
Good luck Robert, I know how dealers can play hard to get sometimes but rest assured - they have to rectify the issue what ever it is. It doesn't matter whether its the amp, the speaker, the loose fitting or even the kitchen sink, they are responsible - not you. you can take it to any Bentley dealer for the rectification btw, not the one you necessarily bought it from. Once again good luck.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:35 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Robert Markamian
Thanks guys...

So i'm afraid its an amp issue because sometimes its worse than other times. At all times its running through satellite radio so it should be consistent. The rattling is coming from the joining part of the wood and leather. Its just a cheap noise coming from a not so cheap car.
Please help me understand how it is an amp problem but it’s coming from the joining parts of wood and leather?
TJ1962

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 11-07-2019 at 04:44 AM.