Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Looking for 2013 white Vantage V8 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 05:32 PM
eholster is infamous around these parts
Looking for 2013 white Vantage V8 owner

I recently purchased some V8 Vantage parts from Roy Mei out of Illinois, who had also sold, separately, his white 2013 V8 Vanatge - VIN SCFEKBAK0DGC17397. If anyone here purchased this please PM me as I have the Velocity AP tuner that is locked to this car and would be happy to send it your way.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:36 AM
Ksa
Ksa is infamous around these parts
Great gesture. Hopefully the owner can take advantage of this.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:17 AM
I had my hand on the tuner yesterday, so thought I'd give this a bump.
Again, if you are the owner of the white 2013 V8V, with last digits of VIN being 17397, I have the Velocity AP VTec tuner that is locked to your car. From what I can tell, you may have the tune installed on the stock exhaust system, as I purchased the headers, cats and back box.
Ping me and I'll send it out to you.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:33 PM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
Originally Posted by eholster
Again, if you are the owner of the white 2013 V8V, with last digits of VIN being 17397, I have the Velocity AP VTec tuner that is locked to your car. From what I can tell, you may have the tune installed on the stock exhaust system, as I purchased the headers, cats and back box.
You're saying you installed headers & 200 cell cats on your car? what year is your car ? did you feel big power gains? which headers did you go with?

Old 06-18-2020, 09:15 PM
installed kit

Originally Posted by 007JB
You're saying you installed headers & 200 cell cats on your car? what year is your car ? did you feel big power gains? which headers did you go with?
I have a 2015 V8V GT purchased last September with just under 5K miles. I was unaware until I tore into it, but the car had Quicksilver cat deletes installed by PO. The car had a very generous rumble and roar to it... especially with the fuse pulled and with the basic tune from Velocity AP I really enjoyed the throttle response and improved delivery. Not wanting to leave things alone I found a second hand system with fairly low miles for sale that included
- Velocity AP headers
- 100 cell cats (no idea who fabricated them, but cats are from one of the prominent suppliers, just don't remember the name)
- Velocity AP back box (muffler)

I suffered from a bit too much 'while I'm in there'... and added
- Velocity AP airbox delete
- Velocity AP x-pipe

Adding the Velocity Stage 2 tune wrapped things up.

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to change the system out due to competing priorities - work, adult daughter moving back home (even at 24 it's like having a teenager in the house again!) the 911, the Rover, a few Ducati, Laverda, etc... so after many weeks I finished things up just last Sunday.
In prior form I was quite accustomed to, and thrilled with the big rumble and roar, though as some folks suggest it's not too far removed from a Mustang. And I knew with the X-pipe I was going to potentially have diminished aural presence -at first start up I was already thinking of installing a muffler delete system! However, after a shakedown cruise through the neighborhood I took my daughter out for a blast on the freeway heading west of Denver and the new sound is quite fantastic - this may come across as trite, but it's much more 'European', and doesn't leave an impression of being a V8 - rowing through the gears (6 speed!) it absolutely howls and shrieks as you come up through the revs! Instant power - reminding me to order some new tires - and incredibly smooth delivery. Increase in torque is quite noticeable also. I haven't yet put it on a dyno, but can tell you it is quite an impressive set up and feels like a whole new car - power gains are very apparent!

I see you also posted asking about install - I'll send you a PM as well.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:52 PM
Giving this old thread a bump again... Short version - I have a Velocity AP tuner for this car and I'm more than happy to get it to the current owner.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:05 PM
TheDream829 is infamous around these parts
Where is this Vantage?!

Old 10-13-2023, 11:43 AM
Hi folks.
I was moving things around in the garage the other day and came across the tune programmer which reminded me to post up again here. If you own a 2013 V8 Vanatge - VINSCFEKBAK0DGC17397 I have the Velocity AP tune programming device that is locked to this vehicle. Send me a note if you have the car and I can send it to you.
A quick glance online suggested this vehicle may have been in the Marshall Goldman inventory at some point...

Old Today, 10:09 AM
Hi folks.
I was moving things around in the garage the other day and came across the tune programmer which reminded me to post up again here. If you own a 2013 V8 Vanatge - VINSCFEKBAK0DGC17397 I have the Velocity AP tune programming device that is locked to this vehicle. Send me a note if you have the car and I can send it to you.
A quick glance online suggested this vehicle may have been in the Marshall Goldman inventory at some point...
Figured I'd bump this as it's been almost a year... heh.