Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide B&O Woofer specs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 08:49 AM
08moonbeam is infamous around these parts
Rapide B&O Woofer specs?

Hey everyone, i am curious to know if anyone here has the specs on the front footwell woofers for the Bang and Olufsen system in the 2011 Rapide? My passenger front is completely blown, somehow overnight it ripped a 1/2 inch hole in the cone. What is the exact size and impedance for this speaker? Im looking into better, aftermarket replacements to fit into the housing. I like the B&O system but below 150 Hz the sound is totally missing, so i would like to do some bass upgrades also. So i guess, while im at it, does anyone know where/ how to remove the covering for the stock subwoofer? I will probably take the signal from that for an aftermarket sub, but I can't seem to be able to get the carpet panel off. Thank you!

Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 PM
08moonbeam is infamous around these parts
Anyone? I can measure the size, i just dont know the impedance.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:09 AM
V12Stealth
You can measure the impedance of the other side speaker with a multimeter.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:03 PM
M100AM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 08moonbeam
Anyone? I can measure the size, i just dont know the impedance.
A bit late... but incase it comes handy for anyone else.
Wiring Diagram states 8 Ohm... which I assume is impedance (not resistance).
Foam surrounds on the ones in the rear in my car have disintegrated so I'm also looking for replacements if anyone has recommendations?

Old 09-26-2021, 10:08 PM
V12Stealth
Most stereo repair places should be able to rebuild a loudspeaker. No need to buy replacements.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:21 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Parts Express has DIY re-foam kits. I have bought plenty of things over the years from replacement drivers, amps and misc. Electronics. I recently replaced the foam surround on a home subwoofer 15" passive instead of replacing it for $200.

Old 08-04-2024, 10:05 AM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
When working on my CEM yesterday, I noticed the foam on the passenger side footwell speaker was almost gone.
I removed the speaker, cleaned the foam, and ordered some refoam kit.
It should arrive on Monday.
First time I am doing this so I am curious about the result...

Old 08-04-2024, 12:23 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I have since that post sourced rubber surrounds for front center Rapide speakers and it turned out fine. Rubber surround will last longer. Usually they sound blown out and rattling when just a small amount of foam comes apart. Did you purchase a DIY kit? What adhesive are you planning on using?
JW

Old 08-04-2024, 12:59 PM
After trying to source any driver that matched the 6 screw pattern and fit in the box it was very limited. Repair is fairly straight forward, clean as much foam as possible apply adhesive to speaker cone edge and outter basket and center as close as possible as the adhesive cures lightly press cone a few mm inward and release to make sure it's aligned with the coil.
I use E6000 clear adhesive. Do not use it unless your outside!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20240804_114141.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	5.98 MB
ID:	545163  
Old 08-04-2024, 01:11 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
I got the foam repair kit,and I am going to use E6000.
Arriving tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.