Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Installing Bentley logo puddle lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 07:56 PM
US06GT is infamous around these parts
Installing Bentley logo puddle lights

I was surfing eBay and saw Bentley logo lights to replace the puddle light under the door so only being $20 I gave them a try. The OEM light is just held in with a protrusion on the light so using a small screwdriver it was easy to pry out from the side of the light. On my 06 the plug was on the door hinge side of the opening. Just pry open the side clips holding the plug into the light to separate.

I got them from SHOP EXPRESS and although they took about a month and came direct from China the light was ok and you can judge for yourself if it is worth the effort. Took about 20 minutes to switch both out.

Last edited by US06GT; 12-28-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:05 PM
scotstern is infamous around these parts
They look great. Where did you order them from?

Old 12-27-2021, 08:22 PM
US eBay, company called Shop Express. Direct from China. Around $20 US.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:40 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
My '07 came with these lights, but I'm guessing it was not from the factory?

Either way, yours seem to be clearer in detail than mine. And more blueish / cold white, which I prefer.

US06GT, would you mind sending a link to the store page on eBay where you purchased them, or preferably a link directly to the item; there are quite a few hits when I google "Shop Express"...

Old 12-28-2021, 07:55 AM
Here is the link to the seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114748947738 Dealer is called Shop Express

Old 12-28-2021, 08:08 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Thank you!

One thing I noticed regarding your picture... Are you sure you didn't install them upside down? I think the logo is supposed to be faced the other way when you open the door, so you can read it as you sit in the seat and close the door.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:53 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
They could go either way, ownership preference.

Here they are reversed. Nothing but a matter of prying them out and installing them the other way:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-my-car-2.html

Old 12-28-2021, 11:53 AM
If the light does not display to your satisfaction just reverse them in the doors to flip the logo the other direction.

Last edited by US06GT; 01-05-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:05 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
They are handed L +R .Swop them around .As we recommended on your FB post .

Old 12-28-2021, 12:08 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by US06GT
There was not enough slack in the plug to install them the other way, but there is nothing stopping you to do that if your car has more slack in the plug. I don't think there is a up or down to these light, just how you want them. I just took the path of least resistance. LOL
After looking again at your pic, the ones we installed in the older thread were different. The projector lens on ours was a dial and it could be turned (rotated) to project at any place without removing the light housing.....just a different light type. Again, nothing more than a matter of different outcomes. It looks good either way.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:48 PM
John, I swopped them to the other door and the are now right side upside down.

Old 02-06-2022, 07:20 PM
caltech is infamous around these parts
Ordered them from the same vendor. Arrived in a few weeks and installed in about 10 minutes.
Thanks for the information.

Jim

Old 02-04-2023, 04:23 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
is this also in original option for gt?

i saw also some of you put "b e n t l e y" on the trunk below wings - the same question - is this priginal option for gt?

Old 02-04-2023, 10:56 AM
BruceR is infamous around these parts
The BENTLEY lettering on the trunk started, I believe, with the Gen 3 models and can be optionally deleted when the car is ordered. I think they may have done that to distinguish the car from Genesis models that use a very similar logo. In fact the Genesis line takes a lot of its design elements from Bentley inside and out. Of course, the letters can be be added to any year if desired but prior to Gen 3 it was not a factory option.
You can buy them on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353979344779

Old 02-04-2023, 11:13 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BruceR
The BENTLEY lettering on the trunk started, I believe, with the Gen 3 models and can be optionally deleted when the car is ordered. I think they may have done that to distinguish the car from Genesis models that use a very similar logo. In fact the Genesis line takes a lot of its design elements from Bentley inside and out. Of course, the letters can be be added to any year if desired but prior to Gen 3 it was not a factory option.
You can buy them on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353979344779
TY very much Bruce... indeed Genesis is a kind of copy... shame on them...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing Bentley logo puddle lights