Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Engine mount solenoid valve override.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2022 | 01:39 AM
|
Gin man is infamous around these parts
Engine mount solenoid valve override.

Hi, does anyone out there know how to override an engine mount fault code. The car is showing a P1586 error code (N144 N 145). I would like to disable this if possible.

Old 05-14-2022 | 09:20 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gin man
Hi, does anyone out there know how to override an engine mount fault code. The car is showing a P1586 error code (N144 N 145). I would like to disable this if possible.
​​​​​​Hello @Gin man ,
See post number 8 in the link below for the part numbers I posted, I am not sure if these cross over to the Bentley, but I'm 90% sure they will.

One thing to note, if your engine mounts are leaking a brown gooey fluid, you may want to change them out, or sooner or later you may have unwanted vibrations, you can replace your active engine mounts with the newer model non active mounts, but of course you would need to install both bypass resistors to fool the engine ECU'S.

It is odd that the newer GT's and FS's went with none active, as I have heard of complaints of vibrations 2012 - 2014 models when i was purchasing engines and transmissions, I will add that my 2005 GT with the 2011 Supersports engine and 2014 non active engine mounts, has no abnormal vibrations, just as smooth as my A8L W12 with active engine mounts.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...es-go-2933767/

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-14-2022 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Add link
Old 05-14-2022 | 10:20 AM
|
Many thanks, I'll try and find the electrical plugs that go to the mounts, it would be nice to know the pin numbers into the ecu, that would make things easier, any idea's where I might find them?

Old 05-14-2022 | 10:40 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Many thanks, I'll try and find the electrical plugs that go to the mounts, it would be nice to know the pin numbers into the ecu, that would make things easier, any idea's where I might find them?
@Gin man
What year and model ?

Johnny

Old 05-14-2022 | 10:45 AM
|
It's a 2005 Continental GT.

Old 05-14-2022 | 01:26 PM
Administrator
It's a 2005 Continental GT.
@Gin man ,
Here is what I found.

Passenger side bank 1 for VIN from 20250, the red/slate of the B1 engine mount goes to the F7 10 amp fuse in the E-Box fuse box, the yellow/black from the mount goes to pin number 22 on the 81 pin plug of bank one's ECU.

Drivers side bank 2 engine mount has its red/purple going to the F8 10 amp fuse in the E-Box fuse box, with it's yellow/black going to the same pin # 22 on bank one's 81 pin plug ECU.

I would have thought that they would operate independently of each other, maybe the independent power from each fuse along with hard ground through mounting is how they work independently, and the 2 yellow black wires going to pin 22 are the sense wires.

Sorry for the long comment, I am just confused at the moment, as I would have thought the each mount's yellow/black wire would have gone the each ecu 1 and 2, or at least different pins on bank one's ECU, otherwise how does it decipher which is faulty...

So, I guess a resistor for each would go between fuse F7 to pin 22, and F8 to pin 22.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-14-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2022 | 01:35 AM
|
Thumbs up

Many thanks Johnny, I'll have a look and try to fathom it out.

Old 04-07-2024 | 02:47 AM
Cervezax is infamous around these parts
hi guys.

and could you solve the problem ?
I have also a fault code with flashing engine light.

but both engine mounts are defect at the same time ?

I bought the car like it is.

Old 04-09-2024 | 07:30 PM
Administrator
Hello @Cervezax ,
Your flashing check engine light has nothing to do with the engine mounts having a fault, the flashing light is because of serious misfires occurring, a flashing check engine light is a warning to stop the engine immediately, as your screenshot shows, the scanner is telling you to check for errors in engine control module number 2, as the vehicle has 2.

See pictures.

Johnny

Originally Posted by Cervezax
hi guys.

and could you solve the problem ?
I have also a fault code with flashing engine light.

but both engine mounts are defect at the same time ?

I bought the car like it is.

Old 04-10-2024 | 10:12 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
@Johnny Hotspur GT ,
do you know the value of the resistor? I have problems with identifying the colors of bars to get the coding.

Old Today | 01:09 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Hi,
the problem started to be permanent on my side - i mean the error is coming back all the time.
I don;t see the engine is vibrating or smth. Just the error comes.

1. is it possible that despite the error the mounts are still functional ok?
2. how to get info which of the mounts (left/right) is with malfunction? I used non-vcds scanner and got only error 17944 code with no extra description.
3. adding the resistor will cause the mount will stop functioning or will still do the job but only the error will disappear?
4. what the value of the resistor should be?
4. how complicated the replacement of the mounts is?

Thanks for answer in advance!