Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deteriorating LCD Screen on Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 12:56 AM
fullmetaljacket is infamous around these parts
Deteriorating LCD Screen on Instrument Cluster

I noticed that the LCD (or is it LED?) screen on my 2010 Pan S 970 has been deteriorating. There's this lightening / whitening part at the center which was not there previously. The pictures can explain more...

Previous LCD screen look...

AND NOW...HERE'S WHAT MY LCD LOOK LIKE...

Current LCD screen look with the center of the screen lightening. The whitening seem to be increasing....

QUESTIONS:
1. Is there a way to just replace the LCD screen? Where do I order this screen part? Are there DIY instructions how to do it?

Found this just now on ebay. Has anyone tried installing this?....

LCD replacement part on ebay at $150.00 versus buying a used cluster at $195.00. What's the best choice here???

2. OR....Do I just buy a used instrument cluster on ebay since there are a lot of them available?

Some Instrument Cluster on ebay..very affordable...

Pan non-turbo Instrument cluster on ebay...only $195 bucks!

Additional questions related to just replacing the whole cluster with a used one from ebay...
a. Do I get to retain my original mileage on my odometer or does the new instrument cluster carry a different mileage?
b. Can I opt for the TURBO cluster which has a prettier white face? Will it work on my non-turbo Pan S 970?

Turbo Type...

Pan Turbo with pretty white face gauge...can I install this on my Pan non turbo?

Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 09-06-2022 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:21 AM
So I'm bumping up this Pan 970 issue. I ended up doing 2 things.. bought the whole cluster and the LCD replacement part as well. I figured if I mess up the instrument cluster during LCD installation, I still have a spare cluster to replace what I messed up.

I have not done the install/swap yet since I'm still doing research on how to operate on, dissect the cluster and replace the LCD. I successfully found 2 Youtube videos showing me how to take out the instrument cluster...

HOWEVER, Im still stuck and dont have any idea on how to dissect / take apart the cluster. The LCD replacement screen seller didn't have any YT videos or instruction manual that came with the screen.

Hope you guys can point me to the right direction. Maybe a non YT video perhaps or a step by step instruction manual maybe? Would appreciate your knowledge and / or experience :-)

Old 04-10-2023, 03:23 PM
DogWood is infamous around these partsDogWood is infamous around these parts
Sorry, don't really have anything. You might watch the older Cayanne instrument panel dissembles as I would think they'd be somewhat similar.
Good luck and take lots of pictures

Old 05-06-2023, 08:45 AM
Thanks Doug! Great idea! Will search for those vids! Cheers!

Old 05-06-2023, 10:12 AM
MikeSpillerr is infamous around these parts
It's not uncommon for LCD screens to go bad after a while, especially if they've been exposed to extreme temperatures or have just been used a lot. So, it's likely that the screen is just on its way out.

You could try replacing the screen yourself if you're feeling confident and have some technical know-how. But, if you're not down for that, take it to a mechanic or dealership and they should be able to swap it out for you.

Old 09-11-2024, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by MikeSpillerr
It's not uncommon for LCD screens to go bad after a while, especially if they've been exposed to extreme temperatures or have just been used a lot. So, it's likely that the screen is just on its way out.

You could try replacing the screen yourself if you're feeling confident and have some technical know-how. But, if you're not down for that, take it to a mechanic or dealership and they should be able to swap it out for you.
Thanks Mike. It has been quite some time now and I have not dismantled the Pan inatrument cluater yet haha...haha.. no confidence to do it!

Old 09-11-2024, 05:52 AM
So I came across this digital instrument cluster over at ebay and alibaba. May I have your thoughts on this please guys? Anyone who was brave enough to install this on their Pans?

Chinese website...

Any thoughts?

Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
jzchen is infamous around these parts
That's a lot of money, better get original...