Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Disassemble 19" mulliner split rim 9 spoke (3w0601025ku)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 03:19 AM
Langer59 is infamous around these parts
Disassemble 19" mulliner split rim 9 spoke (3w0601025ku)

I have to refurbish at least one of my rims and I wonder if is a good idea to do the prep work myself. Looks pretty simple, just loosen the Bolts, job done. However, I remember from my old days with BBS rims in a BMW, that this might turn into a nightmare, due to torn off bolts - especially with two part rims. Any good advice from you guys?

Last edited by Langer59; 04-11-2023 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-02-2023, 04:06 AM
Hoping for an answer 🙏

Originally Posted by Langer59
I have to refurbish at least one of my rims and I wonder if is a good idea to do the prep work myself. Looks pretty simple, just loosen the Bolts, job done. However, I remember from my old days with BBS rims in a BMW, that this might turn into a nightmare, due to torn off bolts - especially with two part rims. Any good advice from you guys?

​​​​​​​Seriously, Guys? Nobody knows about this? Or did I do something wrong?

Old 05-02-2023, 12:09 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Two-piece rims are problematic. I found a number of broken bolts on my two-piece rims. Bentley WON'T sell replacement bolts (liability issues). I ended up using Helicoils for EVERY broken bolt (which I had to drill out) Bought BBS bolts and replaced ALL (not just the helicoil-repaired) bolts. It was a big deal to fix. However, the solution stood up well over time. Ensure you torque the bolts properly and in sequence. Ensure the rim is straight before re-mounting tires (assuming you are dismounting the tires prior to wheel repair. If you are not repairing the outer rim, you don't need to dismount the tires.)
If you split your rims for repairs, I recommend you mark how each center lines up with each rim (hole by hole) so you reassemble the pieces exactly as they were before separation.

Old 05-03-2023, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by PMS
Two-piece rims are problematic. I found a number of broken bolts on my two-piece rims. Bentley WON'T sell replacement bolts (liability issues). I ended up using Helicoils for EVERY broken bolt (which I had to drill out) Bought BBS bolts and replaced ALL (not just the helicoil-repaired) bolts. It was a big deal to fix. However, the solution stood up well over time. Ensure you torque the bolts properly and in sequence. Ensure the rim is straight before re-mounting tires (assuming you are dismounting the tires prior to wheel repair. If you are not repairing the outer rim, you don't need to dismount the tires.)
If you split your rims for repairs, I recommend you mark how each center lines up with each rim (hole by hole) so you reassemble the pieces exactly as they were before separation.
Thanks a lot for your detailed instructions, I will proceed as suggested. Have a nice day!

Old Today, 01:43 PM
CALLAJJ
Proper Mulliner Bolt Torque

Originally Posted by PMS
Could you provide the proper bolt toque for these bolts?
Thank you

Old Today, 05:02 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CALLAJJ
Could you provide the proper bolt toque for these bolts?
Thank you
I has been awhile since I refurbished the 20" wheels, but I believe the torque spec is 18 lbs/ft.