Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS Airbag Service Urgent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 08:22 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question SRS Airbag Service Urgent

I just got my car inspected and now have an error message "SRS Airbag Service Urgent". Any ideas what this could be? I was unable to find/clear it on my Foxwell.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:26 AM
Tricky1024 is infamous around these parts
my Foxwell 530 managed to scan and find the SRS, be sure you are in the body port.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know where the Connector C0273 is located?, i have the whole centre console and dash apart and see NO connectors in the loom for the airbags, i have a high resistance on one of the cables. if i cant find it going to rerun the wires.

Many Thanks

Old 05-20-2024, 08:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tricky1024
my Foxwell 530 managed to scan and find the SRS, be sure you are in the body port.
Where is that port?

Old 05-20-2024, 08:37 AM
Under the drivers side lower leg panel, there are 2 ports, the body port is the most left. you might need to kneel out of the of the car to see under there.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:46 AM
Under the drivers side lower leg panel, there are 2 ports, the body port is the most left. you might need to kneel out of the of the car to see under there.
The only port I can find on the driver's side is directly in line with the throttle pedal. Where is the other one?

Old 05-20-2024, 08:57 AM
sorry, you are in the US, this should be able to help you see where the ports are:
Using an OBDII Code Reader with an Aston Martin DB9 – Aston 1936

Old 05-20-2024, 09:34 AM
Now even more error messages are coming up like DSC & ADS errors.

Old 05-20-2024, 09:37 AM
i would clear the lot after a quick scan, ignition off and on again and re-scan see if its all gone. if not might be another trip down to the garage.

Old 05-20-2024, 09:49 AM
i would clear the lot after a quick scan, ignition off and on again and re-scan see if its all gone. if not might be another trip down to the garage.
I'll give it another go with the scanner later. The scanner couldn't find the SRS error. I tried the ports on both sides of the car. The other errors just started appearing. I hope it's not the battery. I just replaced it a 2-3 years ago and this will be the 3rd battery. I keep the car on a CTEK if not being driven regularly.

Old 05-20-2024, 10:05 AM
Have an appointment with dealership next Tuesday. Need to drive the car between now and then.

Old 05-20-2024, 12:11 PM
so SRS errors are under the restraints section in the scanner, do a quick scan and check each module, you will see the restraints one listed. once you can see it you can go back to inspect the single module and view live data if needed.

Old 05-20-2024, 12:56 PM
so SRS errors are under the restraints section in the scanner, do a quick scan and check each module, you will see the restraints one listed. once you can see it you can go back to inspect the single module and view live data if needed.
I didn't see restraints listed, but can check again.

Old 05-20-2024, 03:25 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Likely the battery buddy. Drive it around for a bit. A lot of inspection places just leave the ignition on while testing without hooking car up to power. Battery can drain pretty fast.

Old 05-20-2024, 04:22 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
It sounds to me like an SRS connector was unplugged then the key was cycled on (while unplugged). On a number of platforms, this will set a fault light/code/message until the SRS is reset. Not sure about this platform, but on others (like BMW) it took a special reset tool, not associated with the OBD fault protocols.

The unfortunate part of this - while that error message is lit, you DO NOT have air bag protection.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SRS Airbag Service Urgent