Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Side markers pigtails

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 01:11 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Side markers pigtails

Good morning,
Did anybody ever rework / replace their pigtails for the side markers?
My rear side marker is fried due so I need to fix it.
The positive wire on the female side is unhooked, and the male side is totally corroded...

I couldn't find these parts supplied by Aston Martin. Do we know of an alternative part? Can these be hard-wired by bypassing the electrical connector?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 06-29-2024, 05:03 PM
V12Vin
Any markings or acronyms on the connector? Looks like it's from Amphenol. You can search on Mouser.com under automotive connectors.

Old 06-29-2024, 08:31 PM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
I believe I am looking at a SMP connector part found on Ford. Likely the female connector (with the broken wire) is S-1757 . Ford OEM 3U2Z14S411JLA .

It would be the same connector as 2011 Ford Focus side marker.

If that's the case, I've only ever seen the male side as a socket plug, it could Ford OEM 6R3Z-13411-BA but it looks reversed to me.

Hope this helps

Old 06-29-2024, 08:45 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
I ended up ordering a pigtail Dorman 645-685 and a socket Ford 6R3Z-13411-BA.
Should receive both on Monday.
Will revert once install is complete.
Thanks again for the help!

Old 06-30-2024, 12:49 PM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Subscribed! Could be a good repair approach for failed light connectors

Old 07-03-2024, 09:57 PM
Got the new pigtail and connector installed today.
Used a couple of lever nuts (I don't really trust my crimping skills...)

And tada! Light is back on!

The "good" thing is that the gasket on the new connector is harder to fit in, so I assume it will seal better this time.
So I can confirm that a pigtail Dorman 645-685 and a socket Ford 6R3Z-13411-BA will replace the OEM side markers light fixture.
Thanks again for the help!

Old 07-04-2024, 06:01 AM
That's great to know! Another DIY fix that will save a lot of headaches.

Did you trim the pigtails and no issue tucking the wiring back inside the body panel?

Thanks for trying it out and the pictures

Old 07-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Yes, no problem shoving everything back in, the new connector has the same dimensions than the original one.
I trimmed the pigtails as required by the lever nuts, but YMMV if you're going down the crimping way.