Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ode To a DB-9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 04:36 PM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
Ode To a DB-9

Oh Aston my friend.....We were 12 years together and we loved each other and tolerated each other at times. You would always remind me you weren't an average car and would not tolerate being treated as such. I respected that and always tried to give you the best. You brought me great joy just to see you on a daily basis even if I didn't get to exercise you as much as I should have. You are going to a new home now and I hope you will be treated with the respect you deserve. Just know you were the coolest car I have ever owned.........Farewell......DonBond

Old 07-10-2024, 06:00 PM
zuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud of
Sorry to see you go, Don. I'm two years behind you (I bought my 2006 DB9 Volante in 2014), and I truly understand.
I've thought about selling mine several times over the past two or three years, but then moments like today happen: my wife made salmon burgers and we didn't have buns, so I volunteered to make the (ahem...) twelve-minute drive to the store. I had the top down, the Sport button pressed, clear roads, a blue sky, and a big smile.
Oh, well. I'm only 72 and I can probably keep doing my own oil changes for another few years...
(BTW, I'm not too far from you, near Indianapolis).

Old 07-10-2024, 06:55 PM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
Thanks for your response......This one hits me particularly hard but it was time. I just wasn't using the car anymore and I knew it was time but I just listed it on Sunday and now it's gone. Happened so fast.

Old 07-11-2024, 01:58 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
My condolences Don. Thanks for your time here and good luck to you down the road!

Old 07-12-2024, 10:32 AM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Are you looking at getting another Aston Martin?

Old 07-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
Are you looking at getting another Aston Martin?
No....I still have a 64 Stingray and a couple classic bikes to keep me busy. Being retired I don't have anywhere to go where I can use the Aston. I started purging when I had 8 muscle/collector cars. I'm glad I owned it as long as I did, however. I know I will never have another car as nice as my DB-9.

Old 07-13-2024, 09:27 AM
caltech is infamous around these parts
Don,
Yes - a sad day, but I always say that we are just stewards of these magnificent vehicles, and will hopefully pass them on to someone who will appreciate them as much as we do.
We have them for a time, experience many highs and occasionally the lows, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Enjoy the Stingray and the bikes.

JC

Old 07-13-2024, 01:59 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I was right on the edge of doing this a couple of months ago... found a McLaren that I loved and then had the discussion with my wife about selling the Aston and getting a McLaren.

My wife said yes to the McLaren and no to selling the Aston...

She's a keeper... so is the wife...

The McLaren sold but the search is ongoing...

Old 07-21-2024, 05:24 AM
speedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DonBond
Oh Aston my friend.....We were 12 years together and we loved each other and tolerated each other at times. You would always remind me you weren't an average car and would not tolerate being treated as such. I respected that and always tried to give you the best. You brought me great joy just to see you on a daily basis even if I didn't get to exercise you as much as I should have. You are going to a new home now and I hope you will be treated with the respect you deserve. Just know you were the coolest car I have ever owned.........Farewell......DonBond
Sorry to hear this man.. If you ever need "a fix" you're always welcome to stop by my place in Lake Geneva.. take the DBS for a little rip. I've got a Ferrari 458 too now..so we could go get in some trouble with that as well..

Old 07-21-2024, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Sorry to hear this man.. If you ever need "a fix" you're always welcome to stop by my place in Lake Geneva.. take the DBS for a little rip. I've got a Ferrari 458 too now..so we could go get in some trouble with that as well..
Hey Speed! That's a very generous offer! All I have left in the stable is a crummy old 64 Stingray.....I'm slumming it now......

Old 07-22-2024, 11:10 AM
speedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DonBond
Hey Speed! That's a very generous offer! All I have left in the stable is a crummy old 64 Stingray.....I'm slumming it now......
You poor thing.. Just can't imagine.