Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Input on '05-'07 Vanquish S clutch life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 04:52 PM
David993S is infamous around these parts
Input on '05-'07 Vanquish S clutch life

Is the clutch life and associated gearbox (and components & hydraulic systems) the same, marginally improved or much improved over the '03-'04 model with its well-known issues? For example, would an '07 S with 40k miles pose the same concerns as the previous gen with the same mileage? I'm considering an early S and am having difficulty finding specific input.
Not interested in generations newer than the first gen "S". Any first-hand, real-world experience is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 08-27-2024, 09:38 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Much improved but…

If the early Vanq has had the magnet sensor and H plate kit installed, it is the same as an S. So the S is definitely better than a non S, but the same as a mag sensor kit equipped non S. A lot of the early Vanqs have had the kit installed, thereby fixing the major issues affecting their use/reliability.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 08-27-2024 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2024, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Much improved but…

If the early Vanq has had the magnet sensor and H plate kit installed, it is the same as an S. So the S is definitely better than a non S, but the same as a mag sensor kit equipped non S. A lot of the early Vanqs have had the kit installed, thereby fixing the major issues affecting their use/reliability.
Thank you for the reply and explanation. I've not owned an Aston.........yet, and am evaluating, learning, etc.
Cheers.

Old 09-02-2024, 09:13 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
The magnetic sensor is generally associated with the S, but I've been told that a small number of the earliest S models did not leave the factory with the magnetic sensor. You may want to ask on the AMOC.org or AstonOwners.com forums -- they should able to tell you what S VINs had (or didn't) the magnetic sensors from the factory. Or they may tell you I'm wrong...

Old 09-03-2024, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by Speedraser
The magnetic sensor is generally associated with the S, but I've been told that a small number of the earliest S models did not leave the factory with the magnetic sensor. You may want to ask on the AMOC.org or AstonOwners.com forums -- they should able to tell you what S VINs had (or didn't) the magnetic sensors from the factory. Or they may tell you I'm wrong...
Thanks.