Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

spontaneous shut down, 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 10:57 AM
Marmot
spontaneous shut down, 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE

Hello,

I'm usually on the Aston forum here, but found myself with a new problem on my 2013 Range Rover Sport, technically my wife's car. We've had it since early summer and it has suddenly decided that it will spontaneously shut down while driving. This is...not desirable. Last Thursday, the key would not unlock the Rover (digital key fob) and once I got inside, nothing would happen with the start button or any other systems, zero response. Very dead. AAA replaced the battery after my initial diagnosis. We drove the Rover about 100 miles this weekend with zero issues.

This morning my wife went to go to work and the Rover started up, and drove all of 30 seconds before shutting down in the parking lot while driving. This time the electrical systems remained operable, and I was able to restart with the manual provided emergency restart procedure. Has anyone experienced this? It would not be good if it occurred at 70 mph on a Florida highway....

I have deduced that the problem MAY be the positive wire on the battery terminal by research, but have not totally confirmed this and so far have not found anything in inspection. Any insights/advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-06-2024, 07:51 AM
Marmot
Update:

A local indy shop had a look at the Range Rover and determined that there was a low voltage fault code, a transmission module fault code, and that the replacement battery installed was sufficiently different to the one it replaced, or the original (the one it replaced was not the original), that it had not been properly coded to the car via a diagnostic and programming computer. This is new to me, but if it resolves the issue then I'm okay with that. He advised that it may re-occur and if it did, the transmission fault was the bigger problem but could be due to voltage variance. I am hoping that the low battery tripped the other two issues and that this is resolved.