Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

'05 BCGT Alarm issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 01:17 PM
jslamin is infamous around these parts
'05 BCGT Alarm issues

My alarm system seems to be malfunctioning. When the car is locked, either by the fob or physical key, the 4 way flashers run continuously and there is a faint alarm sound. This happens with or without the battery tender plugged in. Anyone know what is going on here? Is there a reset proceedure that may rectify this, or is something more serious going on? Any advice will be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2024, 06:41 AM
jslamin is infamous around these parts
I was able to get it connected to a OBD computer and it reported that the alarm siren was dying. I was able to acquire one from Flying Spares. The siren is located behind the left rear tire well sheathing. It is attached with tamper proof nuts. This is really a dumb application of tamper proof nuts as the tire needs to be removed and then the well liner, at which time in the event of theft the alarm would have been sounding for 10 minutes. The removal socket for the tamper proof nuts is currently not available at $240. Rediculous price for a socket. I ground small flats on the side of the nuts and tapped them off with an awl and hammer. Replaced them with nyloc nuts. Problem solved and the alarm is back in service with the other symptoms gone. This car is actually a 2006 BCGT.

Old Today, 08:40 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jslamin
I was able to get it connected to a OBD computer and it reported that the alarm siren was dying. I was able to acquire one from Flying Spares. The siren is located behind the left rear tire well sheathing. It is attached with tamper proof nuts. This is really a dumb application of tamper proof nuts as the tire needs to be removed and then the well liner, at which time in the event of theft the alarm would have been sounding for 10 minutes. The removal socket for the tamper proof nuts is currently not available at $240. Rediculous price for a socket. I ground small flats on the side of the nuts and tapped them off with an awl and hammer. Replaced them with nyloc nuts. Problem solved and the alarm is back in service with the other symptoms gone. This car is actually a 2006 BCGT.
Thank you for highlighting your issue and your fix.
I'm glad you got it sorted your self.