Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2025 Vanquish , what's your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 04:17 PM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
2025 Vanquish , what's your thoughts?

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/models/vanquish

Now that it's been officially released, what's everyone thinking?

I see a lot of the Valour rear end in it.

Old 09-02-2024, 04:35 PM
USMMA
Overall I love it! The hood vents and front fenders look great, and they knocked it out of the park with the tail lights, etc. I thought maybe they would differentiate the headlights and grill more from the DB12, but overall an outstanding design!

Old 09-02-2024, 06:11 PM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
most looks good to me, it feels like car is too long from the side view. not sure about the rear carbon surfboard thing. but overall is good. I hear base price starts around $400K + options.

Old 09-02-2024, 07:55 PM
V12Vin
Attended the unveiling a couple of weeks back. Had my phone sealed and signed some docs etc.

First impression for me is it looks like an updated DB12. But of course the pronounced hood vents, side strakes and rear design really set this car apart. The engine bay strut bar design was quite interesting as well. I thought the grill is way too big for the car. DB12's has the right proportion

Old 09-02-2024, 08:34 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
The rear end is weird but, overall, I can work with it. I think I have a problem with the carbon "surf board". I may just ditch my Vantage for this one.

Old 09-03-2024, 05:18 AM
Zinful is infamous around these parts
I saw this car last week and over all thought it very attractive but with a few quirky bits here and there. My main objection is that it is entirely too large for my taste even though it is in keeping with the "competition" ( 12 Cilindri) size wise. The Vanquish strikes me as being a much better proportioned design. That said, I have a Vantage on its way and expect to be entirely satisfied with my choice.

Last edited by Zinful; 09-03-2024 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:02 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I like it in general but overall the entire new family line is looking a little too similar to each other. I get the drive to define a new next-gen DNA for AM but to me the DB12, Vantage and this from the front all look way to similar. Will wait for final judgement once I see it live.

Old 09-03-2024, 12:20 PM
1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with the consensus here—first impression is generally good, but a few awkward bits in the press photos. I need to see it in person to have a final opinion.

There are some nice details/bits that differentiate it enough from the DB12 to make it feel elevated/special—specifically the sculpting along the side and the rear-end treatment. I do; however, find it interesting that they decided to use the start-of-the-range Vantage's headlights for the top-of-the-range Vanquish.

Also—can we just agree, Aston has been on fire this year. DB12, DB12 Volante, New Vantage, New DBX interior, Valour and Valiant all within 12 months. Not to mention modern software/tech, and a commitment to the V12 (plus a MANUAL V12 for Valour and Valiant)

Can't afford any of them yet, but as a lifelong fan of the brand—it's fun to see. I just hope their trademark depreciation stays in line with that of my current 2010 Vantage.

Old 09-03-2024, 12:46 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Car too long, grill too big, rear end has ugly tack-on surf board.
Love the carbon, interior and power.
Vantage is better deal for me

Old 09-03-2024, 06:06 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I like the previous generation Vanquish better. That said I like all of VH platform cars better than the newer generation cars. I might be biased as I just got my 2016 Vanquish. I have had three V8 Vantage and on DB11. I liked the Vantages but not the DB11. Everything that made the Aston Martin cars special was gone in the newer models. Yes the Mercedes engines make more power and the Mercedes electronics are better but they lost something along the way.

Last edited by Gene G; 09-03-2024 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:29 PM
Druid1 is infamous around these parts
I like it and think the overall size is appropriate for a flagship model. The only part I'm not sold on is the rear surfboard. Had some fun playing with different color and material combos in the configurator and can't wait to see how much AM will charge for the carbon option.

Old 09-03-2024, 06:40 PM
rlh23 is infamous around these parts
I honestly prefer the Gen II Vanquish, but I’m clearly biased. I don’t think the Gen II has a bad angle. The new one does IMO.

Old 09-03-2024, 07:05 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
I think it's magnificent . If I had to critique something, it would be my same (mild) gripe with the new Vantage. I think the interior looks too German. Def a step up for functionality , but aesthetically I prefer the previous interior a bit more.

Old 09-03-2024, 07:43 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Gene, your car looks spectacular. How are you enjoying it? Did you find the nav SD card?

The new one is certainly an evolution with a number of pluses. Finally admitting that it's really a 2+0 is a big one. My gen 2 Vanquish is already a big car; I'm not sure I'd want the extra length and width. And though the tech is impressive, I think I prefer the "old school" NA V12, hydraulic steering, and analogue gauges. I guess I'm firmly in the VH camp.

Body color surfboard looks better to me.

Old 09-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Davil is infamous around these parts
The rendered launch photos are puzzling, some angles don’t seem to be rendered properly. Watch some of the videos, it is a sensational looking car with a nice nod to the past. Funny how the previous Vanquish is starting to look dated. Still also beautiful though. They’ve done a cracking job with this. Not much different in length to an M4.

The silver one on this video with body coloured back is stunning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2025 Vanquish , what's your thoughts?