Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Drilling Through Body Rear Trunk Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 04:15 PM
ImHereLive957 is infamous around these parts
Question Drilling Through Body Rear Trunk Area?

Howdy folks. I'm in the midst of a self imposed exercise in futility. I'm installing a water methanol injection kit in my 2011 Cayenne Turbo. I know, not many people out there doing that. Anyway, I'm kind of stuck on how I want to run my lines. I more or less figured out how to get through the front firewall so I can run boost reference from engine bay to inside where I'll have the gauge/controller.

I was going to run the plastic nylon tubing through the interior of the cabin, but I'd really rather do the stainless steel braided AN lines under the body of the car up through to the engine bay. I'm trying to figure out a good, safe place to drill through the body of the vehicle in the spare tire trunk area, if that makes any sense. I don't want to puncture anything and there's a lot "in the way" like the interior carpety covers and then metal shields and stuff underneath the vehicle. I was rough guessing distances with a tape measure, but I don't want to risk anything. See below pictures for ideas and attention lol.

Has anyone ever made a hole anywhere through the body or ran wires or tubing or anything in and/or around the spare tire trunk area under the vehicle? Thanks!