Performante Brake Cooling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:33 AM
htny is infamous around these parts
Performante Brake Cooling

Hey guys, 2018 Huracan Performante coupe - considering using it for track days and touring

Track wise 25+ yrs experience in race cars, witj seat time in formula, prototype, GT cars.

after an awesome road trip and track days at spa and nurburgring in a 992 gt3rs this year, I like the idea of something I can drive to and from various track days, and the perf is the closest thing I have in hand that might qualify. On the street I'd prefer the perf over a gt3rs or McLT, and I have one already as opposed to getting in line, however I have been reading a bunch of horror stories about folks whose perfs suffered brake fade suddenly/rapidly on track and with catastrophic results after only a few laps

I plan to keep running the stock ceramic discs with mild race [Pagid RSC?] pads and VP or motul fluid, but am open to switching to girodisc and going as big as possible

I want to install cold air ducts for all 4 corners. I saw the following potential options:

1. looks like STO/evo:
https://tro-nik.com/lamborghini-hur...fMpXfnsf1wf2o_-cX3mweJ5TcyLFUYT8LZvYB2QqDKYlq
(scroll down)

2. adapt Porsche GT2/GT3 RS scoops to mount on control arms (maybe modify dust shields as required)
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pk991rbds.html

3. adapt Porsche or other motorsport ducts for supplemental cooling

Porsche Motosport 992 GT3 / RS Rear Brakes Dual Cooling Air Ducts

Porsche Motosport rear brakes dual cooling air ducts for 992 GT3 and GT3RS. These are additional ducts that will fit the car with 19" and 21" wheels. The Dual Ducts provide proper cooling to the lower and upper part of the rear caliper to ensure consistent functionality of brakes and preventing...

Any thoughts/experience/alternatives?

Any Lamborghini-focused race prep shops recommended in the northeast US?

Can the STO or super trofeo brake ducts be retrofitted? They appear to be three-piece with ducts, pipes and a spreader, so I am guessing too big but seems like they work better anecdotally

The setup on the old Porsche GT3RS/GT2 used to be a bit simpler, a big duct routing air from underneath up past the dust shield (maybe zip tie some of those on the lower control arm haha)

Run at Lime Rock, NJMP, Monticello, Pocono, recently VIR, Watkins Glen, and would like to start adding more (casual, trailer/team free) trips to southeastern and midwestern tracks etc