Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Newbie saying hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2024 | 06:38 PM
|
scrinja
Unhappy Newbie saying hello

Well today i went and bought a 2005 Bentley Continental Gt first time ive ever sat in one so i struggled to even drive it home from Romford through central London ( Nightmare )
and up to Wolverhamton
There are so many buttons to press and i didnt have a clue so decided to come on here and get some help
So thanks to @GT3 Chuck for the warm welcome and to all of you guys for having me
Im ok on the spanners and have done a fair bit of bodywork so ive bought myself alot of work
Cost me £9100.00 so will be starting by trying to find out what all the buttons do as i dont have a clue Arrrrr well
I managed to upload some pics but then was stuck on the upload page so and had to bail out
Will have to find out how to do it tomorrow i hope
Thanks for having me
Rob UK

Last edited by scrinja; Yesterday at 08:12 AM. Reason: trying to post image
Old 10-24-2024 | 05:16 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Hello and welcome.
There are some great bargains out there.
I would imagine you might have a few issues to put right at that price but what car for under 10k can you get that will match a Bentley.
You have joined the best forum if your going to do the work yourself.
Frank
Loch Lomond
Scotland

Old Yesterday | 04:50 AM
|
scrinja
Well i woke up yesterday morning 24th to be greeted by both frt wheels being buried well up into the arches @Frank ( Sunnyside ) and thank you for the warm welcome Frank
Yesterday i had the day off to recover from being had over by the seller who is not replying to calls etc
Like you said Frank expect a few problems for that money so time to lick my wounds and just get on with it now
Right then trying to find the source of the leak will be my first point of call ,,then decide on the plane on how to go about the fix and move on to the next faux pas ?
@Johnny Hotspur GT Seems to really know whats going on with these works of art so i would most welcome if anyone can advise how to go about it in the correct manner I timed the drop and its around 5-hours and not an instant drop when the cars turned off..Also there seems to be a wirling noise that goes on for a while after you exit the car coming from the engine bay ...And yes i dont have a clue about that either...Anyone wanna buy a Bentley 2005
bearing in mind im 76 and dont have access to a ramp ot the moment..Im ok on the spanners but as this is my first time even sitting in a bentley be kind to me Lads
At the moment i dont have a clue what buttons do what and im a completely lost but my only hope is there are enough ticks left on my clock to bring this one back to life
Which is starting to look like a very very long time

So wheres my brandy bottle gone as i really need it today
I am in the right place though best Forum in the world from what i have seen on here already and a good bunch of lads
Everyone have a great day and all cash donations accepted i need all the help i can get

Last edited by scrinja; Yesterday at 08:13 AM. Reason: Post pic
Old Yesterday | 04:53 AM
|
scrinja
To be Continued in the next Episode as
Im also working on this with me mate in for paint at the moment
I need to live for another 20 years

Last edited by scrinja; Yesterday at 08:19 AM. Reason: picture
Old Yesterday | 05:10 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Remember it might have a Bentley badge on it, but it's only VW Audi underneath.
Not much difference in any big luxury car tbh.
I'm sure you will be fine and as the car was cheep you have some spare cash to put into it and still not feel ripped off.
😁

Old Yesterday | 07:16 AM
|
scrinja
Thanks Frank for the encouragement bro