6speedonline.com has been acquired by Internet Brands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
6speedonline.com has been acquired by Internet Brands

Dear 6speeodnline.com members,

I'm pleased to announce that 6speeodnline.com has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc., which operates leading automotive web sites such as CarsDirect.com, NewCarTestDrive and many of the top automotive forums.

After starting 6speedonline.com, we’ve grown steadfast by word of mouth and your referrals. The true value of this community comes from all you, the members’ contributions in content, images, and sharing your experiences in the automotive arena. That will not change. It will only get better here on in. The time has come for us to move on to other things, but our common interest will still remain on this forum. Internet brands can take 6speedonline to the next level, as they are more resourceful than we can ever be. This is what they do. Please welcome Internet Brands as the new owners of this site. I want to thank each and every member, and especially all our supporting sponsors.

We would like to thank everyone for helping make this a place that I look forward to returning day after day. I have learned a tremendous amount and have all of you to thank. I believe that the forum format is the best way to share ideas, keep vendors honest and interact with people that share our common passion. I think we as a community have had a tremendous impact on the Porsche Brand. I believe some of our ideas were heard and believe that we have helped take tuning and modification to new heights. I hope as the site continues to grow we can make more improvements/safety suggestions so as to prevent a grave injury as we saw during the infancy of this site and continue to help those in different philanthropic ways. I believe that Internet Brands will help keep this sites soul in tact and I am confident that the folks there will do everything to keep all of the members happy and welcome. They are a great group and share the forum passion as much as we do.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email them to me. There is an FAQ about the acquisition below, and we’ll be discussing the topic on the message boards. Also, beyond any questions you might have, I'd enjoy hearing any ideas you might have for how to better serve the 6speeodnline.com community going forward. With much respect and admiration for all of you, .

Thank you.

Ryan Shankar (SHANKENFELTER) & Michael Wilens (MWILENS)

-6speedonline.com owners

FAQ’s

Q: Why did Internet Brands buy 6speeodnline.com?
A: Internet Brands’ mission is to empower consumers to make better decisions about buying and maintaining their most important purchases, such as cars and homes. 6speeodnline.com’s users offer outstanding advice and support for Exotic car owners and shoppers, newbies and veterans alike, which should be a very good fit with the rest of the Internet Brands Automotive sites.

Q: Will 6speeodnline.com become part of another Internet Brand site?
A: Internet Brands plans to keep 6speeodnline.com a separate, thriving site and to continue expanding its content, community and traffic.

Q: Are 6speedonline.com owners and community moderators going to continue at 6speeodnline.com?
A: Yes. 6speedonline.com owners and community moderatorswill continue their current level of involvement on the site and in the community.

Q: How will the acquisition help 6speeodnline.com?
A: The main benefit will be having more infrastructure and technology resources behind the site. Better servers and hardware will mean better performance for the site and admin tools. And more technology resources will mean faster bug-fixes, quicker turnaround on site changes and more frequent updates in site software, like vBulletin or photo-posting applications.

Q: Will my 6speeodnline.com log-in or password change?
A: No you will still access 6speeodnline.com as you always have.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats guys!!! Wish you guys the best.

How about a nice 6speed dinner at Red Lobster or Olive Garden???

Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Did you guys negotiate my severance package into the deal??? Maybe a CGT while we are at it... congrats...I am getting to know what it is like to sell a company...fun stuff...

Old 01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Interesting.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
Wow, good for you guys, congrats, can post nudes now?

Romancer is infamous around these parts
Great news!

God Bless,

The Pun
Congrats.... Looks like a bright future for 6speed and its members...

Thanks everybody....

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
congrats guys

It has been a real treat wathcing the site develop and grow, Ryan and Mike have done an amazing job of keeping the integrity of this site intact and permiting it to grow into one of the more respected forums on the net, Good luck guys... well deserved

Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
Wow...I had a feeling this was coming soon..congrats

Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Conratulations for the new owners and thank you for the notification.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Great news I guess...I just hope it changes for the better but from everything I have read about internet brands I am not so optimistic. Now you get to share the profits with those that supported you!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Sweet

Add on more Q to FAQ
Q: At what valuation was 6speedonline.com purchased and what sort of financing?

LOL

j/k
Having been here since early times (I was even #1 poster at some point) I really consider this place my online home - CONGRATS guys on building a great community

Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Congrats...enjoyed meeting many good people through here who have become good friends of mine over the past few years. Hope the community continues to keep the close-knit feel to it.

Best

Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
nerual is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline.com has been acquired by Internet Brands