New Website Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
I personally would like to commend Administration in their forward looking attemps to keep the "6" fresh. As a member of the "Old Guard"; I offer my congratulations and look forward to continue to make positive contributions to the growth and success of the "6".. Regards, SmoothCab

Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
I hate it, is there a way we can change it back?
Matt

Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 AM
RickyM3 is infamous around these partsRickyM3 is infamous around these parts
6speed went from using a custom skin to a commercially available one...sad

http://vbskinworks.com/forum/index.php?styleid=401

Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
The whole User CP thing on the top left side is out of place too...that should be a horizontal bar across the top if anything...

Also, the Log-Out link is now exactly where the User CP link used to be...you should switch those two links around

Last edited by lax01; 11-13-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Buhin is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Ad's on left too big and distracting

Agree with other posters that the advertisements on the left are too large and quite distracting. While it is understood that the sponsors help pay for the site itself, if the number of users drops due to the overly "commercial" feel of the new site, then the value to the sponsors drops as well.

Surely there must be a possible "middle-of-the-road" approach in which the advertisements are better seen and yet not quite so in your face.....

Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, the layout sucks. Put the banners on the RIGHT margin so we can focus on the threads, and get rid of flashing banners, and give us full width. I'm not able to enjoy this forum any longer, and as a sponsor since day one, I would have hoped for better updates. At least you got rid of the Lambos at the top of this Porsche forum.

Give us full width.
Banners on the right (less distraction when scanning threads).

Thanks.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan of the new look.

I am totally unhappy that they did not improve the site upload time at all.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:08 PM
funky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to behold
i miss the old layout already and i imagine you guys going to see a lot less traffic

Last edited by funky; 11-13-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
pak
pak is infamous around these parts
Man, this is one of my favorite boards, but this new layout is so harsh visually that it deters me from spending more than 5 min.

Please change it back or make some modifications as other members have mentioned here.

pak

Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Change it back please, this new design sucks..
Ads should be on the right....
The old colors was much better..

6Speedonline was something elles before, now its just like every other forum...

// André

Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
Zero feedback from the administration? When did 6speed get bought by Internet Brands? That might explain everything

Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
Color contrast is too high, back down the brightness in the white. My monitor is at the same settings it was before the change, definitely a difference now.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
The biggest complaint I have is that the top banner takes too much vertical space and is completely unnecessary.
It hurts the viewing experience of the image gallery because every new page requires you to scroll over that 400 pixels that takes the whole width of the screen:

The only necessary part (IMO) of this header is the navigation at the top right corner and the Vbulletin Breadcrumb below the header.
The Adsense leaderboard could use some of the space from the larger (of the two) banner image.
The rest is poor use of real estate (too much white/etc space). I am familiar with Vbulletin templates and would be glad to help fix this.

edit: Also, this is an absolutely necessary Vbulletin.org add-on (installs in seconds with the Product Manager in Admin Control Panel) that resizes images automatically like the one above to prevent side scrolling
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=157228

Last edited by Dan@SharkWerks; 11-15-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: That image would be much nicer if it automatically resized itself. ;)
Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 AM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
I guess when they were testing the banner, it was done on a wide screen. The banner fits fine, but the Google Ad, and the photo gallery stretches screen. I find that annoying.

Last edited by HB.; 11-15-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:51 AM
rock-a-hula520 is infamous around these parts
not good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Website Design