View Poll Results: 6speed redesign
I like 6speed's current design!
24.53%
I like the new design below!
62.54%
I would like to see 6speeds design updated - but not the one below.
12.93%
Voters: 1284. You may not vote on this poll

New site design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
I think the new design is good.
I don't understand why Porsche pushes this issue though.
We have lawyers one board I'm sure we can find a way around this

Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bezzletine
I like the current design but the new one is pretty awesome also.
I also like the current design, but again change is good.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
JL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the rough
I would like the old design better , with a Porsche on the Frt. Page !! It seems that there is an issue with Porsche USA but how some other Car Magazines as BMW Performance Mag uses a BMW in the front ? And I believe the Cayman Blog called Porsche Planet uses a Cayman on the frt. page....Or maybe I am completely wrong ??

Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fallen612
if someone was wanting to use a porsche and didnt want porsche to sue. couldnt they put a members porsche in there with there permision???
+1, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Porsche would have the right to sue in that case... But who knows, I'm no lawyer, lol.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Reduce all the clutter....that means fewer ads, less revenue, I guess that won't happen. The banners all over the top and bottom pages are sickening. Bummed.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dan
I think the new design is good.
I don't understand why Porsche pushes this issue though.
We have lawyers one board I'm sure we can find a way around this
The solution is to use photos not taken by Porsche and remove the emblem. How can they fight that? I would love to see more Porsche vehicles at the top as this board is primarily dedicated to Porsche.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Pipes is infamous around these parts
I've always thought of 6speed as a user's forum, not an advertisers ad page. I know the advertising is necessary to keep the forum online, but how can it be "departmentized" or "linked" to the forum. I'm one who is always looking for info from manufacturers and fabricators with new and better products and speed gear for our Pcars, but why does it have to be in your face when you want to discuss or give opinions about specific issues posted by the forum's users. Some sort of "cataloged" listing would be helpful in finding info from advertisers.....that's my take..Pipes.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
I like the new design!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I like the new design. A Porsche would be nice ......... but why waste a penny fighting them. People understand 6speed is a Porsche forum. In fact 6speed is Porsche weather Porsche likes it or not.

Honestly guys, it's not so much the car as it is the members. Other Porsche forum just aren't the same. They may have one section that gets traffic, but otherwise dead, 6speed has many members crossing all lines of interest.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Adrian: Although i like the new design....I guess I am a bit curious about what else goes along with the new design. By that I mean that we frequently see legisltation proposed that has a lot of merit, but there are usually "trailers" inserted that are tacked on to the basic proposal that folks may not be aware of.

Can you tell me if the new design incorporates any data mining programming or tracking abilities to give the IB folks additional insight into what people are looking at, what they're buying, or other information we might not know is being skimmed? Does IB have any third party ties to other advertising companies or entities that they share the infomation they glean from the membership on this site?

I'm not paranoid but all those bastards following me are.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I think we could replace it with a GT-R...

monaroCountry and heavychevy will thank you for it.

j/k. Looks good.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Website

The site has been a wonderful template for the people who love PCARS. It really is the depth of knowlegde of all the Porsche owners and "owners in waiting" that make this site so sucessfull.

I just spent $$ on my new site for my company and kept trying to make it better and it just got too cluttered...My tech guy put it in perspective for me when he said,"do you know which site ranks as one the most used website on a daily basis...CRAIGSLIST...ever see their graphics

The posters make up that site as well...it's just a great, straight forward message board.

So change it if you must..we aren't going anywhere...heck we got used to the 997.2 didn't we?

Last edited by NYCPCAR; 06-26-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I also like the new design .

Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
I like the new layout.... however, Id hate to pull down the "present" porsche section all the time to access the 996 forum.... is it possible to have a default when you last left the forum remain when you enter the site again?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Black background is much more pleasing to the eyes than an all white background like it currently is now. I agree that we should have some kind of P car up there, but what I'd like to minimize is all the ads and banners. I figure that won't happen though...oh well, it was worth a shot to ask.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New site design