Someone stole my CHP 11-99 license frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
GTS1998 is infamous around these parts
The 11-99 foundation is a great cause. If you are donating for the cause only, why put the frame on your car? You are a target to all city police that see the 11-99 frame. Most officers now see it as you trying to buy yourself out of a ticket and will target you (even CHP). Also, this is interesting: http://zo-d.com/stuff/automotive/119...orruption.html

Old 12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joekimdds
if you send out a copy of registration...they'll send you another one for $50...

i have (7) of the silver membership plate holders.. in a week i might need an 8th

Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
i have (7) of the silver membership plate holders.. in a week i might need an 8th
Do they charge you the same rate for each plate holder, or is there an incremental charge?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:00 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JizJizJiz
. Sorry mang.

one more time yesterday, on the freeway by a chp.
i told him my plates got stolen cause they stole my chp frame.
he said "those things dont work anyway"
he said he is giving me the ticket for my protection, since this is the only way they can protect my car...
he said you are lucky i am gonna make it correctable.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I can tell you firsthand that I know many officers who enjoy citing those with the 11-99 plate frames.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GTS1998
I can tell you firsthand that I know many officers who enjoy citing those with the 11-99 plate frames.
Why?

Old 12-29-2007, 07:12 PM
petert is infamous around these parts
Can't you get a new frame made for $5 from any lic plate frame shop? I could have sworn I saw them on eBay at one time - frame is cheap, getting pulled over when you have an 11-99 frame but are not actually a lifetime member is priceless! :-)

Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by ELMEL
Why?

Because they think you are trying to buy your way out of a citation. MANY officers are taking pleasure in the look and response they get from the drivers when they cite 11-99 plate holders.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by GTS1998
Because they think you are trying to buy your way out of a citation. MANY officers are taking pleasure in the look and response they get from the drivers when they cite 11-99 plate holders.
So basically you're saying that the officers you know are targeting the people who are supporting them? That's messed up. I make a lot of donations to police agencies. If I thought it painted a target on my back, I'd stop.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:31 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Correct me if I am wrong but the 11-99 foundation is for CHP only so local PD doesn't see a penny of that donation. That's why they wouldn't give a rat's *** if you donated to a CHP fund. Also... what good is the plate frame without the card? Wouldn't you just **** off a CHP officer if you got pulled over with a frame but no card?

Last edited by 2thfixr; 12-30-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Correct me if I am wrong but the 11-99 foundation is for CHP only so local PD doesn't see a penny of that donation. That's why they wouldn't give a rat's *** if you donated to a CHP fund.
Good point. I think that's true. But I don't think any of the local agencies provide license plate frames in exchange for donations. And I think it's bad logic for an officer in a local agency to assume that the presence of an 11-99 frame means that no local support is given, and I think it's bad karma for an officer to resent one kind of giving over another. Strictly speaking, the 11-99 frame shows support for the 11-99 foundation, but one could easily infer that if someone is donating that much money to the one fund, that person may be donating to others as well. Personally, I make donations to both state and local agencies. I don't have an 11-99 frame or any other get-out-of-jail-free cards.

Still, I think GTS1998's point was that some officers feel that the owners of the 11-99 license plate frames are trying to buy their way out of tickets. I can certainly see where officers might get annoyed when someone has an expectation that their donation will get them out of a ticket, but it's another thing entirely for officers to actually target people with 11-99 frames. That makes no sense to me. But hey, I'm not a cop. Maybe I'm missing something.

Also... what good is the plate frame without the card? Wouldn't you just **** off a CHP officer if you got pulled over with a frame but no card?
Probably. But funny you bring that up. I'm a paying PCA member, and for the life of me, I can't find my card. I'm gonna need it when I bring my car in for service soon. I don't expect the dealer to take my word for it.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm sure that you donate to other causes. How about putting a Red Cross frame on the rear? Why do you choose to put the 11-99 plate frame on? You choose to put that plate on in hopes of getting a break. Anyone who is not looking for some sort of break would not put the frame on. I'm just telling you, don't be suprised when you are stopped and cited. Heres an interesting read:

http://zo-d.com/stuff/automotive/chp...s-stripes.html

Old 12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
If the plate frames were a target, why would the 11-99 offer them in the first place? Sorry, I don't buy it.

As far as the ethics of it all, politicians shouldn't favor causes of those who make campaign contributions, and companies shouldn't put their investor's interests before their customers or employees. And they will tell you they don't.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:13 AM
The new head of the 11-99 foundation took his off.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06362/749634-28.stm

Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but the 11-99 foundation is for CHP only so local PD doesn't see a penny of that donation. That's why they wouldn't give a rat's *** if you donated to a CHP fund. Also... what good is the plate frame without the card? Wouldn't you just **** off a CHP officer if you got pulled over with a frame but no card?
At least here (SD area) there are Sheriff stickers, local police stickers, etc. Same idea.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone stole my CHP 11-99 license frame