Dromo 1 (In-door Karting in Orange)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Dromo 1 (In-door Karting in Orange)

Has anyone been here before? I just wanted to see how many people have been to this place and have enjoyed it (impossible to not have a great time ).

Maybe we can get some type of 6speed dromo 1 meet going on

I think the people over at F-chat have had a few gatherings there as well...

Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have been to K1 in Irvine. If you are 200+lbs, you have a huge disadvantage to someone who is 180lbs. The lighter car will always win no matter who is driving. The is due to the small tight indoor course. At 210lbs, I still love it. I placed third in an elimination of 150 drivers the last time I went.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by robertp
I have been to K1 in Irvine. If you are 200+lbs, you have a huge disadvantage to someone who is 180lbs. The lighter car will always win no matter who is driving. The is due to the small tight indoor course. At 210lbs, I still love it. I placed third in an elimination of 150 drivers the last time I went.
You would probably like dromo 1 better. Gas karts are better than electric

Yeah weight advantage is a big thing but in the end its still fun

Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
ElusiveC4 is infamous around these parts
I went to Dromo-1 about 2 months ago for an offsite meeting with co-workers. It was a great time, really good team building activity. (even though its a competition) I would definitely recommend the place.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robertp
I asked about this since some of these kids are like 130 lbs. basically the cars have a weight scale device that regulates power based on weight so everyone is even steven. Who knows if this is really true but it's still fun.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
We rented Dromo 1 out for the afternoon several years back from my bachelors party. We had an absolute blast. The gas carts are quick but they do beat you up if you spend an hour or so there. The NVH are quiet high.

I haven't been to K1 but have heard good things.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
K1 has not weight offset system. I am also 6ft 3inchs so I barly fit in the karts. I still had a great time.

My wifes law firm is having a gathering there in three weeks. I like to beat up on the Lawyers.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
sportmpower is infamous around these parts
I've been to both, dromo 1 and k1. I recomend K1 because they don't make you watch a 15 min. video and wear a hot racing suit. Both, gas and electric, go about the same speed but only one lets out nasty fumes.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 AM
They only let you watch the video for your first time.

Yeah that's what sucks about dromo 1 - is that the suits could smell real ****ty. I'm planning on getting my own suit which would make me feel more comfortable. I already have a helmet so that's taken care of.

We should get a D1 or K1 'mini-meet' going on sometime

Old 06-15-2008, 01:54 AM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
been to most kart tracks in the OC...if you guys wanna set up a kart meet let me know i would love to join y'alls

and may i suggest Kart Factory in Brea, CA.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:55 AM
The Irvine K1 location is top notch. Everything is very clean and the cars run well.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
im down for any track...lets get something going...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
i used to enjoy k1, but the karts have gotten really sloppy there. I won't get into it. Needless to say the only indoor karting place worth going to is Kart Factory in Brea.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 AM
what is sloppy? I have only been there 3 times and it was fine. I use to go to the Mirage track in Fountian Valley and Anaheim in the early 1980's.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 AM
FLAVAH is infamous around these parts
Ive gone to the K1 in Irvine several times, its such a blast! I used to think speedzone was great, but once you go to K1, its a whole new world!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dromo 1 (In-door Karting in Orange)