Red Light Camera Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 AM
dr7966 is infamous around these parts
Red Light Camera Ticket

My daughter got a camera ticket for not stopping behind the line at the busway in the SFV. The ticket came to me because the car is in my name. On the citation I wrote them back and said it wasnt me but didnt provide the drivers name. They sent me back a nasty letter saying that if I dont tell them the drivers name they will put the ticket back on me. My wife is a lawyer and says that there is no law that says I have to name the driver but this is not her area of the law. Anyone have any experience or ideas on this? Wife thinks I should go to court and say it wasnt me. I have a vision of me being walked away in handcuffs.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Or you could just pay it and call it a day. Unless you are retired... my time is worth considerably more than to try and fight something that seems legit.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
What type of Lawyer is she?

My lawyer wife says to just pay the ticket.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
I don't think they can make you name the driver?!? I have heard of stories of vehicle owners who let their employees drive the cars and they can't identify which one it is so they get off the hook?

Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
My wife does insurance defence. I think she wants me to go to court on my off Friday. For her it would probably be fun to argue the case but for me it would be a waste of time. I would like to have my daughter pay it and take traffic school to teach her a lesson. I do like the idea of saying that it may be my daughter or one of her friends that borrows the car.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 AM
hamr down is infamous around these parts
I'm just curious. What is the fine for being over the line? Is that even a moving violation? If not, just pay it.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Its $381 and a moving violation. Over $400 if you want traffic school. There is a book that says to go to court and state that its not you and they will drop it. Thats what I will probably do.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 AM
FLAVAH is infamous around these parts
ive gotten 2 red light camera tickets... if you go to court and try that, the judge might choose to not let you take traffic school if you dont get it dropped.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Thats a good point because I dont want the point on my insurance. Wife is going to call the court today. If they are still nasty I will probably give them my daughters name and have her go to traffic school.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Search the net....there is one site I was reading about a year ago....redlighttickets.com or something that stated it is well known that they will "Threaten" to pin it on you to tell them who it was but that they can NOT make you nor shift the ticket to you.......

Old 08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Went to court. It was the judges last day and he dismissed it with a $50 court cost.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
HAWAI'I is infamous around these parts
wow! that is pure luck. congrats

Old 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !
Lucky.

I understand both sides of the law...but haven't heard a single confirmed case of what happens when you go and say it wasn't you driving.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
What happened was at first I asked to dismiss the case because it wasnt me and when he asked who it was I said I wasnt sure. He got angry and said I would need to have a trial and to go to the clerk and get a trial date. I waited in the hall for awhile and asked the clerk if I could just pay it. Went back to the judge, told him I just wanted to pay and get out of there. He asked who it was and I told him. Gave me some more S#*t and dismissed it with the $50 dollar court cost.
I dont think you have to tell but they can make it difficult for you by having you return over and over. I dont have the time or desire to sit around the courthouse for hours.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
There was an article in the LA Times a few weeks ago about these cameras. Most of the tickets that are given are not for running the light. The biggest single ticket is for people who make a right turn on red, but don't come to a complete stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Red Light Camera Ticket