O.C. & L.A. Area Porsche Shops of Note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
this thread is perfect...can anyone recommend a good reapair/service shop to my friend, North OC or South LA county, he has a 2002 Boxster S and he needs axle, clutch, and some other sched maintenance due, and of course the stealership is tryna tax him too much $$$

thanx everyone!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
SlimJim is infamous around these parts
Has anyone ever dealt with a place called "Euro Spec Automotive Service and Repair" they are located in Los Angeles and I called for a quote for the Clutch Actuator and they quoted me around $350. They say they charge $90 per hour for labor.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
ofishbein is infamous around these parts
Foreign Sport Technician in Santa Monica. First-rate service at about half the dealer prices. Lots of Gemballa experience and a pioneer in transplanting 911 engines into Boxsters. Since I've found them, I don't go anywhere else.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
ES Technical Roadsports in Gardena is the most honest aftermarket shop I've ever dealt with.

They don't exclusively focus on Porsches, but they are more than capable of doing any standard modifications, oil change/brake servicing, suspension, and custom body kit work. They done all of the above for my 996TT, 996NA & Cayenne.

The owner is Ming. http://www.es-sports.com/

Also +1 for Lucent as well!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
yea i know Ming at ES, ive been going to his shop since i was in HighSchool hehehe thanx ill ask him as well
and give Foreign Sport Technician a call as well
any more suggestions please let me know
thanx

Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Ill check them out. who should i ask for, or should i just call and say i was recommended by someone?
Originally Posted by 996garage
ES Technical Roadsports in Gardena is the most honest aftermarket shop I've ever dealt with.

They don't exclusively focus on Porsches, but they are more than capable of doing any standard modifications, oil change/brake servicing, suspension, and custom body kit work. They done all of the above for my 996TT, 996NA & Cayenne.

The owner is Ming. http://www.es-sports.com/

Also +1 for Lucent as well!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:05 AM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
You should ask for Ming. He's the shop owner...you can just tell him Steve with the silver 996TT referred you, and he'll help you out. I've been going to them since 97'. They've done body kits, suspensions, brakes, exhausts, etc... for all my Porsches. They focus on bmw, porsche, audi, lexus, infiniti, but also will work on any german or japanese import.

They have one head mechanic, Tetsuo, who practically does all the work and is really careful. You don't have to worry that some inexperienced high school kid is working on your car.

Last edited by 996garage; 10-09-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
1+ BBI, 1+ RSS

Are you kidding about Speed Gallery? -1

Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
jex
jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !
Tell us more about your Speed Gallery experience. They're somewhat close to me but I have never used them. I'm very interested in your advice!

TIA.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:42 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jex
Tell us more about your Speed Gallery experience. They're somewhat close to me but I have never used them. I'm very interested in your advice!

TIA.
I'll try and keep things short.
I have proof that they used damage to my motor with their sg700 kit. Another buddy of mine has coolant leak due to force/over torque of a header bolt. In many cases they will put used parts on cars, or replace things that don't need to be replaced. I think that 95% of cars with the sg700 kit will have minor motor damage. This is caused by the 997tt injectors they use.

Also my SG700 never ran correctly for more than a few days. The power was never closed to what they promised. The mechanics are just unexperienced hacks.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:38 PM
ofishbein is infamous around these parts
Of the 3 times I went to Speed Gallery, only once did they satisfactorily complete the work I asked for. Another time I left it with them for a week for some upholstery work they arranged through one of their subs, and when I went to pick it up when it was supposed to be done they just said "oh, we couldn't get hold of the guy, sorry". No call, no nothing. They left my car out by busy Ventura blvd the whole time and it was absolutely encrusted with grime from traffic and buses - and that was after they took about a half hour so find my keys and moved enough cars to let me out.

I don't know how their work is but their customer service is awful. I absolutely DO NOT recommend Speed Gallery.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
+1 BBi Autosport

Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Moving Chicane is infamous around these partsMoving Chicane is infamous around these parts
As the starter of this thread, I thought I would add to the list another contact/shop that I just had experience with:

Mike Schatz at Automotive Legends (Camarillo, CA)

He just did some work on my 996 GT3 (pro-active fun stuff and fixes), and I'm completely satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. I've been told that he's well known already in SoCal., so some of you might have already run across him when he was at a Porsche dealership. I guess he's running his own shop at this place (not sure about the Automotive Legends sales stuff, but their service is all Mike).

-Dan

Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I live around the pasadena area and a few recommendations for a shop. i need to flush out my 996 gt2 brake fluid. No steep driveways pls!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 AM
you got a GT2 OMFG i gotta see it!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: O.C. & L.A. Area Porsche Shops of Note