moving to so cal, need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
AKR8 is infamous around these parts
moving to so cal, need help

Hey guys, my family is thinking, well pretty much decided to move to SoCal, and we are looking to build.
Since Im not very familiar with the area, I was hoping you guys could help me. we are trying to find a gated community, but a real nice gated community, sorry if it sounds like im boasting, but its just what my family is looking for. A really nice gated community, homes from 2 mill and up kind of neighborhood. Anything from down in Newport beach up to malibu and san fernando area since I am a big Laker fan. I know ur thinking that i should just get an agent, which i will, but id rather get opinion from people before i deal wit these people so that I know what I am dealing with.

thank you guys for helping.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
when in doubt, just sing to the weezer song
"beverly hills, that's where i want to be"

Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
997SFighter is infamous around these parts
I lived in Los Angeles county in a city called Manhattan Beach. MB is a very nice city and great school district, but like most cities in Los Angeles a 10 minute drive can easily put you in a rough part of town. Also people from these neighboring cities such as Inglewood, Lennox, Hawthorne, Gardena, etc... take advantage of their close proximity and frequent the public malls and shops ( Some of these kids just look for trouble, or try to "punk" the little "rich kids" (as yours will be called). My family moved to Orange County about 4 years ago. There are more gated communities and the family environment is one that i would feel comfortable raising kids in, the day i decide to. in OC the gatd communities you might want to look at are.
1. Copa de Oro-in Anaheim Hills
2.Hillcrest-in Anaheim Hills
3. Cotto de casa- i think this is in Mission Viejo
4. Crystal Cove- Newport Beach
5. Covenant Hills- Ladera Ranch
im not a real estate agent but would be glad to share more info if you wish.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
SoCal is a huge area. Like 997S mentioned, there are a lot of great places to live. From West Hills to the OC, you need to narrow down where in SoCal you want to be.

Later tonight I'll give you a website where you can plug in the kind of house you want and it'll show you everything with the features you've requested in all the cities you like.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

btw 99sfighter, i tried replying to ur message, but they wont let me, not until i have at least 15 post , kind of weird but what can i say lol

Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM
fripsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutfripsgirl has a spectacular aura about
I've recently moved to SoCal and have really taken to the southern Orange County area, basically between Newport and San Clemente. Many beautiful gated communities in this area to consider.

My advice is to visit and check out all of the areas, do your research and decide from there. Good luck!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
will do, thanks

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
http://www.immobel.com/personal/1/index.jsp?per=mrmls

Click on English, then residential. You can pull up properties to your heart's desire in every city in California. Good luck to you.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
xoutofstepx is infamous around these parts
Check out Coto De Caza, Shady Canyon, Newport Coast, Monarch Beach, etc.

If you are looking to build, I would suggest Shady Canyon or Coto De Caza. They are both very nice gated communities. Shady Canyon is newer and located in Irvine. Coto De Caza is very large and is located in the Trabuco Canyon/Rancho Santa Margarita area. I used to work for a real estate team and am very familiar with these areas.

The company I used to work for: http://www.macteam.com

You can feel free to give them a call for some direction. Ask for Isaac. He is very friendly and always willing to help out.

To check out the areas I have mentioned, check out the Mcmonigle Group website. He deals with very high end real estate.

Shady Canyon: http://www.mcmoniglegroup.com/index2.php?area=irvine

South Orange County: http://www.mcmoniglegroup.com/index2.php?area=southoc

Newport Beach: http://www.mcmoniglegroup.com/index2.php?area=newport

A house in Coto: http://www.mcmoniglegroup.com/listing_detail.php?ID=612

I have lived in Orange County my whole life and it's a great place. Let me know if you need any more info.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 AM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AKR8
Hey guys, my family is thinking, well pretty much decided to move to SoCal, and we are looking to build.
Since Im not very familiar with the area, I was hoping you guys could help me. we are trying to find a gated community, but a real nice gated community, sorry if it sounds like im boasting, but its just what my family is looking for. A really nice gated community, homes from 2 mill and up kind of neighborhood. Anything from down in Newport beach up to malibu and san fernando area since I am a big Laker fan. I know ur thinking that i should just get an agent, which i will, but id rather get opinion from people before i deal wit these people so that I know what I am dealing with.

thank you guys for helping.
If you have kids in school, then Calabasas is your best choice. The best school district in So Cal. Plenty of gated communities. It's the Beverly Hills of of the San Fernando Valley. Tons of nice houses, cars and plenty of celebs. I could recommend an agent if you need one. PM me if interested.

Last edited by jcrystal23; 02-20-2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added another line