Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Law Jolla
But let's still do a meet... for those of us who value sleep.
Not to worry - still on the to do list...

Rudy

Old 05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
I decided that if I wake up in time, I'm going, but I need EVERYONE TO AGREE that they won't look at my rear bumper, it looks like crap, lol... So where is everyone going to meet up?? The Carlsbad Outlet is pretty big (I used to study at GIA which is only a couple blocks away from there). I'm going to try to get there early to get a spot in front of the Starbucks so I can enjoy a venti double chocolate chip frappuccino while looking at my car.
Sounds like a great idea - maybe whoever gets there first should stake off an area by the Starbucks... Anyway, Starbucks makes for a good place to start the search... This will be fun, matching names and faces to avatars...

See you all in the morning!

Rudy

Old 05-29-2009, 10:00 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
so we are meeting at starbucks? 7am?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:39 PM
alan berry is infamous around these parts
Starbucks, yeah. I'll be in the mostly grey primer 1977 Porsche 924 with dents on both doors and blowing blue smoke out the tailpipe. Just kidding. I'll be in a silver 996 coupe.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
was great meeting all of you! maybe we can do a mid-month meet somewhere else or grab some dinner somewhere... Raphael i want my glasses! HAHA

- David

Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Great to meet you David!! Rudy, Raphael and I watched your beautiful Turbo drive off. That car is drop dead gorgeous! Sits just right. We kept waiting for you to NAIL IT but you drove off very conservatively. Later, my wife Joanne and I drove south on the 5 down to check out Hoehn Porsche. There was Raphael drooling over the 997s with some flimsy excuse about needing coolant for his 996. Yeah, right.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
SDSRT8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alan berry
Great to meet you David!! Rudy, Raphael and I watched your beautiful Turbo drive off. That car is drop dead gorgeous! Sits just right. We kept waiting for you to NAIL IT but you drove off very conservatively. Later, my wife Joanne and I drove south on the 5 down to check out Hoehn Porsche. There was Raphael drooling over the 997s with some flimsy excuse about needing coolant for his 996. Yeah, right.
guys,
great to hear a bunch of new people showing up at Carlsbad.
Had things to do with the kids early and it was nasty out...
Sorry to have missed it and you guys.

FYI
when leaving (or entering) the Carlsbad get together - there has been a lot of police. Last month - several were nailed on the way in - pantera and 2 others who never came into the event and took their tickets and went home. And several who left, "took off", and then moments later there were sirens...
So Raphael made the right call and took off out of there nice and easy it sounds.

Enjoy the weekend.
cbutler32

Old 05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually it was David that made the right call and left nice and easy. I didn't see Raphael leave but I can only assume he drove like a weenie. Just my 2 cents but racing on public streets should always be rewarded with jail time. I have raced for 10 years but only on dedicated road courses with all safety equipment in place. I drive like a weenie on the streets.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 PM
exophthalmos is infamous around these parts
so guys, how did it go today? wish i saw this post earlier so i could meet up with you guys today!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
We're going to do it again in a month. It's always the last Saturday in the month so we'll see you June 27th. lets shoot for a dozen Porsches.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the kind words! Too many cops for me to nail it plus i dont want to ruin for the rest of you that have to leave after me Your car was nice too and the wheels were just right! especially for a narrow body. Did you guys end up staying a lot longer after I left? I had to run back home and help my dad buy a Tundra hehe. He ended up getting a special TRD edition called "Rock Warrior" pretty cool truck.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 PM
We're going to do it again in a month. It's always the last Saturday in the month so we'll see you June 27th. lets shoot for a dozen Porsches.
I'll try to get some of my buddies from LA to drive down and meet with us... Is there a place near we can do a drive and grab some brunch/lunch after?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Guys!

Great pleasure meeting Alan, David and Raphael. Kind of a small turnout - hopefully it was the drizzle - but nice to see everyone that made it out, just the same.

We really need to get a get-together going - maybe a meet and greet soon, then a cruise, maybe through Palomar or Julian?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you guys again - it was great fun talking!

Here's a couple of shots that came out:

Name:  RightRow.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  LeftRow.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  92.6 KB

Rudy

Old 05-31-2009, 02:33 AM
Law Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of light
Nice!

Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
David: It was great meeting you as well, your Turbo looks awesome. As for the glasses, whenever you want, just hit me up & let me know what kind of style you're looking for so I can see what I have in stock & hook it up. I might have to take up your offer too whenever I get my Turbo.

Alan: It was a pleasure meeting you & your extremely patient wife (I can't believe she waited in your car all that time, lol). I think we can agree that neither of us are arseholes. By the way, I really DID need coolant. ... Although speaking of drooling over cars, afterwards I did stop by Ferrari Maserati of La Jolla & then Symbolic Motorsports to check out the 360s & Gallardos. Got inside a 360 Spider with a Tubi exhaust. I put the top down & revved it a little. It's like a symphony. So beautiful.

SDSRT8: Thanks for the heads up, I did notice a lot of hidden cops on my way there.

Exopthalmos: That's okay, not very many people showed up because of the rain (I never get that, it's like people in SD are made of sugar. It's wet out & everyone gets scared, lol). Hopefully you can join us next month! We want to get as many Porsches as possible. It's kind of funny to me because where I'm from, during the wet season, some areas get so bad that cars are actually half sunk in water, & everyone just drives on like it's normal, with the exception of the many that get stuck, they don't drive through, they just stay there, submerged, hahaha.

Rudy: It was good to finally meet you, you're a good guy. I love how your car turned out, the painted center console is going to top it off really nice, especially since you did the CF wrap. Definetely count me in for a run. Palomar Mountain sounds great. Julian's not a bad idea either. I love Julian apple pies & some of the cute small town girls there, hahaha... Oh, by the way, do you have any more pics from the meet??

Law Jolla: You need to get a damn alarm clock so you can join us next month, lol. Dude, if I drove up there from Bonita, you can do it from La Jolla. Plus it's now been like 3 days since I've slept. I don't even know how the hell I do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners