Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:58 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bugzysd
on a side note, the pcar, exotic peeps dont RSVP usually

so you might be surprised on the # of cars that show up

with 1600+ cars there, you might have to walking around to find everyone
So is there not sections of each marque or something like that? Also, what's the best time to get there to get a "good spot" or w/e? Thanks.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
bugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
So is there not sections of each marque or something like that? Also, what's the best time to get there to get a "good spot" or w/e? Thanks.
We did that last year, and its a lot of organizational work.

Best time is around 10:30 or 11ish. Most people arrive around 11.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
alan berry is infamous around these parts
Sounds like fun. It would be great if a ton of Pcars show up, but I'm sure you guys will be in the minority. If it works and you guys rave about it I'll be there next time. Gotta get those bulbs from Rudy.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 AM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alan berry
Sounds like fun. It would be great if a ton of Pcars show up, but I'm sure you guys will be in the minority. If it works and you guys rave about it I'll be there next time. Gotta get those bulbs from Rudy.
Alan,

I took them off the workbench and set them behind my seat just last night, so I wouldn't forget.

Rudy

Old 06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Rudy,

I won't be able to be there this weekend, I'll be up in Irvine at Cars & Coffee so we can either hook up next month or get together sometime soon to do the exchange. No biggie.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 AM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alan berry
Rudy,

I won't be able to be there this weekend, I'll be up in Irvine at Cars & Coffee so we can either hook up next month or get together sometime soon to do the exchange. No biggie.
Yup - no biggie. They're in the car, so whenever I see you they'll be ready.

Safe Travels!

Rudy

Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 AM
eaniemeanie is infamous around these parts
I'm out to going to this. I put a bolt through the windshield on saturday. Just got back into town and doubt I'll have tome to organize the windshield guy. Wanna see the video?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM
bugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to behold
964 rsvp's !!

should be a couple fixed up Audi R8's
i can group the pcars with the ricer Audi's

Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs down So stupid

Hey guys, so how was the event?! Post some pics & vids, I wanna see!

Guess what happened to me... On Friday I washed & waxed my car, cleaned my engine, vaccumed the interior, etc. to have it looking nice for the event the next day, then a girlfriend of mine calls me to ask me if I'm back from the event yet 'cause she wanted to see me, so I told her "what are you talkng about, that's tomorrow," & she then tells me "didn't you say it was on Saturday, as in today?" so I check the date on my phone & my computer & it was actually Saturday, & I went the whole freaking day getting my car looking nice, thinking it was Friday. So I missed it because of stupidity, hahahaha.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Raphael,

Well, you were missed at the Carlsbad meet - although in general there were a lot more other cars this time, aside from me, the only guy there from last time was Buck with the white Boxster. The only other Porsches, in addition to our two, were two 911SCs, a 911 Targa and a 997 Turbo. There were two Ferrari's this time, a Pantera, a few Vipers, a Lambo, probably a dozen or so Mustangs (including two Shelbys), a couple of GTIs and an Aston.

SoCal Euro was uneventful for me - mostly Beemers and VWs, a good representation of Benzs and relatively very few Porsches. It was hot, so I didn't stay more than an hour and I didn't connect with anyone even though I went looking for the Orange County guys that caravaned down. The show has a little ways to go before it really becomes worthwhile and a must-do event, but if next year is like this year, I'll skip it...

Rudy

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Rudy/Raphael,

I'll definitely be there in July, and maybe we can arrange a caravan somewhere together.....down or up the coast would be fun.

I did Cars & Coffee Saturday AM showing my vintage racer with my SoCal race club (VARA). It's a zoo, but there were TONS of P-cars there. Rudy, it sounds like you had a nice cross section of older Porsches. My last car was a 911 SC so would have loved to see those cars. Maybe they'll come next month?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by rudy1024
Raphael,

Well, you were missed at the Carlsbad meet - although in general there were a lot more other cars this time, aside from me, the only guy there from last time was Buck with the white Boxster. The only other Porsches, in addition to our two, were two 911SCs, a 911 Targa and a 997 Turbo. There were two Ferrari's this time, a Pantera, a few Vipers, a Lambo, probably a dozen or so Mustangs (including two Shelbys), a couple of GTIs and an Aston.

SoCal Euro was uneventful for me - mostly Beemers and VWs, a good representation of Benzs and relatively very few Porsches. It was hot, so I didn't stay more than an hour and I didn't connect with anyone even though I went looking for the Orange County guys that caravaned down. The show has a little ways to go before it really becomes worthwhile and a must-do event, but if next year is like this year, I'll skip it...

Rudy
what could we could to make the event better?

we had 1600+ cars at the event, i know the count for p-cars wasnt as you'd expect

but if people like you, can help rally the p-cars up, it would be a great mix of more cars

after all, it was a free event

Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by bugzysd
what could we could to make the event better?

we had 1600+ cars at the event, i know the count for p-cars wasnt as you'd expect

but if people like you, can help rally the p-cars up, it would be a great mix of more cars

after all, it was a free event
Bugzy,

Well, you know I tried to do my part to spark interest.

From my perspective, and I mention these without consideration of the difficulty of making them happen, are the things that would have made it better for me:

1. Maybe rally points for different makes of cars - The beemers in one area, the VWs in another and so on... we all have affinities for the brand of car we drive and it would have made it easier to connect if it wasn't so hard to find people.

2. More vendors and demonstrations. In addition to the tire and wheel and mechanical mod guys that were there (which by the way was very good), I'd like to see more car care vendors (people that buy and drive the cars that we do are always interested in products that help us take better care of our cars.)

3. The track was great - and kept my attention for most of the hour I was there.

Hopefully that helps.

Rudy

Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by rudy1024
Bugzy,

Well, you know I tried to do my part to spark interest.

From my perspective, and I mention these without consideration of the difficulty of making them happen, are the things that would have made it better for me:

1. Maybe rally points for different makes of cars - The beemers in one area, the VWs in another and so on... we all have affinities for the brand of car we drive and it would have made it easier to connect if it wasn't so hard to find people.

2. More vendors and demonstrations. In addition to the tire and wheel and mechanical mod guys that were there (which by the way was very good), I'd like to see more car care vendors (people that buy and drive the cars that we do are always interested in products that help us take better care of our cars.)

3. The track was great - and kept my attention for most of the hour I was there.

Hopefully that helps.

Rudy
Thank you. Those are all good suggestions.

I will try to reincorporate the make parking

Vendor demo is on my list of stuff that I'd like to add also.

We have been doing this for 7 years for fun, starting with 80 cars back in 2002.
We are trying to improve the event every year. Its all run by volunteers.