Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners

Anyone interested in a coffee and pastry meet sometime soon? I see several of these events in the Orange County and Inland Empire areas and, for the most part, I'm not all that interested in making the drive up at the early hours they have them. So local would be much better... Anyone, anyone? If interested, post here and if there's enough interest to pull it off, we'll throw out some dates...

Rudy

Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Law Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rudy1024
Anyone interested in a coffee and pastry meet sometime soon? I see several of these events in the Orange County and Inland Empire areas and, for the most part, I'm not all that interested in making the drive up at the early hours they have them. So local would be much better... Anyone, anyone? If interested, post here and if there's enough interest to pull it off, we'll throw out some dates...

Rudy
I'm in! Thanks Rudy for taking the initiative.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Hell yeah, I've wondered for a long time why no one does anything in SD! It's such a shame 'cause I see so many P-Cars around here, but none of us even say hi to eachother or anything. We need a get together to change things down here. Count me in!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
TEMEKU987 is infamous around these parts
Sound like a great idea. Post a date and location and we will be there.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Glad to hear of all of your interest - I sure hope we can pull this off... Talk it up with some of your other Pcar owner friends (I don't have any other friends with Porsches other than the ones I have on the boards...) and on some of the other forums. On the other hand, I'm used to setting the bar pretty low, so if we can get to 10, I think that would be a good start - we're are four now...

Thanks,
Rudy

Old 05-25-2009, 01:44 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Did you already post this on Rennlist? Also, I think cross-posting this onto a couple of the Porsche sections of this forum (mainly the 996 one) would be good, as I don't think a lot of people check out the regional forums... By the way, I think Hooters in Mission Valley would be a good place for a meet. You don't have to listen to me though, hahaha.

Last edited by RaphaelP; 05-25-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
Did you already post this on Rennlist? Also, I think cross-posting this onto a couple of the Porsche sections of this forum (mainly the 996 one) would be good, as I don't think a lot of people check out the regional forums... By the way, I think Hooters in Mission Valley would be a good place for a meet. You don't have to listen to me though, hahaha.
I'll do that - plus Pcar and Rennlist. I like Hooters too, any Hooters, but I'm thinking something on a weekend morning, before I eat into family time. But, I am taking suggestions and all ideas will be considered.

Thanks,
Rudy

Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 PM
alan berry is infamous around these parts
I'll show up. I'm in Poway but wouldn't mind an early morning drive on Saturday to somewhere nice. Somewhere near the water is always nice. If it's Hooters I'll pass.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
RE5PEKT is infamous around these parts
Hey guys,

Well we do have a meet that we attend sometimes in Carlsbad at the Outlet malls - Carlsbad Exotics Meet.... I believe its the last saturday of the month (this saturday) at like 7AM.

Another good one (which i havnet been to but heard good things) is www.breakfastatbalboa.com

PM me and let me know if you guys wanna go this sat to carlsbad! Im pretty sure im going to go and bring out the 997.2

Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I'll try to be at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall at 7AM in a silver 996. Can you get a cup of coffee/muffin there at 7 AM or bring it with you? Raphael coming in the blue 996? I need to look at his car ( exhaust tips mostly) and show him I'm really a decent type.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
RE5PEKT is infamous around these parts
There is a starbucks right there in the shopping center

Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Perfect. I'm there.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm visiting SD from Canada and I can see what you mean. I've gone over to a couple of P-owners (even a fellow TT driver) and they couldn't give me the time of day. Weird.
I'll keep an eye on this post in hopes of hooking up with some of you.
Off to Buttonwillows this weekend - hopefully some friendlies will be there.
K.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
K. What's happening at Buttonwillow? I race a (non P car) vintage car there once or twice a year. Great track and nice people that run the track.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Well sounds like a good start - I'll see you guys at the Calrsbad mall on Saturday, maybe we can talk about our own get together while we're there... The event I'm looking to put together is a Porsche only event - I don't know about you guys, but I think the Astons, Masers, Lambos and Ferraris can be distracting...

Rudy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Callling all San Diego Area PCar Owners