Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - Cars & Coffee August 8th 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Looks like we are going to have to do our own thing!

Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - PORSCHE'S & Coffee August 8th 2009

Lets have everyone come together and lets start PORSCHE'S & Coffee on August 8th.

We can meet in the lot adjacent to C&C lot.

Lets get all the Pcars possible, and make its a great showing!

Also we can plan a drive from there to0, because driving these cars is what it is all about!

I know there are a ton of us So Cal owners here so lets all get together and make this happen!

I would like to have all San Diego Guys caravan up, and we can have video and pics taken on the way!

I think if we can get all of the SoCal porsche owners on here it would be awesome and unforgettable!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
Even better Mobonic. What time.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
6:30 ish I think.

That should give us SD guys enough time to make it up there!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
6:30 ish I think.

That should give us SD guys enough time to make it up there!

So what's the plan now?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
August 8th.

San Diego cars can meet in Carlsbad, right off the 5.

Then we can meet with San Clemente & OC guys somewhere.

Finnaly we can all gather in the lot adjacent to C&C.

We will make it our own RennTrack Porsche's & Coffee

Old 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
Thinking about hitting C&C tomorrow. Anyone down!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
motosport3 is infamous around these partsmotosport3 is infamous around these parts
Any San Diego guys here that would be willing to check out a car for me? If yes, PM me please. Thanks...sorry to intrude on the thread....back to regularly scheduled posts.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
August 8th.

San Diego cars can meet in Carlsbad, right off the 5.

Then we can meet with San Clemente & OC guys somewhere.

Finnaly we can all gather in the lot adjacent to C&C.

We will make it our own RennTrack Porsche's & Coffee
Which lot? The back lot or the one across the street where they do the Motorcycle safety course?

If it only ends up being around 20 cars we can probably still go, we just have to show up super early.

Jason

Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Zotic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Thwip
I noticed your plans for August 8 Cars & Coffee. Fact is, there is already an approved featured marque scheduled for that day. Please read their post below (that ran on Ferrari Chat several weeks ago). To assure space and a good welcome, you should contact the C&C organizers as they suggest below. They have featured Porsche on several occasions and it's really cool, Porsche signs erected and special space for you, but it has to be scheduled in advance! The 356 guys had a marque just a couple of weeks ago and it was great. It was great because they were gracious guests and got permission from the hosts, who are gracious themselves when guests are polite.
Do you know the featured make? I haven't been to C&C in a while, and with my schedule I don't know when I will be back again, and it would be great to make it.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 AM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
I'm in. I went for the first time a few weeks ago (in very good company) not knowing what to expect. It certainly was a good time, even though in retrospect (and given the "C&C intent") my car probably wasn't up to snuff for being in the show lot. But, if the gathering is happening at an adjacent lot I'm interested. Plus I think it would be YouTube material to see a couple of dozen Porsches on the freeway at any one time.

Rudy

Old 07-26-2009, 10:11 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
cant come
ilive in nj

Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Thwip is infamous around these parts
Here is the parking lot info if you are not familiar with it. The adjacent lot which has 40 spaces is for car approved car marques. If there is no marque, then it is open. There is a marque for that day, August 8. The lot just to the left as you enter is the Mazda employee lot - that lot is only opened after the main lot is full. Only the first row of the Mazda lot is open when the main lot is full. Mazda designers and others work on many Saturdays.

If there is not an onslaught of newer Porsches showing up, I would park in the main lot. 15 or 20 cars can be swallowed up by the lot. Many late model Porsches and exotics park in the back row of the main lot. Problems occur when large groups show up unannounced and take up large amounts of real estate. The Ford executives are extremely gracious, they are the ones that set up the event each morning.

A few months back several clubs started crashing the gates, showing up unannounced and left in exhibition style. It all came to a head when 100 NSX's, 60+ Honda S2000's and another 60+ late model BMW's showed up on the same day. The NSX's were approved but the organizers thought there would be less than 60. There were over 200 cars of just 3 makes in the lot, leaving some extremely rare cars to be parking in the parking structure down the street - original Jaguar D-type, vintage Ferrari's, Jaguar XK120, etc.. etc., This one day almost caused the demise of the greatest free car show in the world - not to mention, some of the guests were quite rude to the organizers. It made for quite a dull day at C&C.

I only mention this because this is a unique event and we are lucky to have it. The aim is for everyone to have fun and for no one to take it over. That is where the marque days come in, and every one is happy. My suggestion is to drive on down and talk to John about having a marque day.

Last edited by Thwip; 07-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Thwip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zotic
Do you know the featured make? I haven't been to C&C in a while, and with my schedule I don't know when I will be back again, and it would be great to make it.
Yes, but I am forbidden to say as I may lose my first born

Old 07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
We are not crashing, just u bunch of pcars going for a drive.

Im trying to get in contact with C&C organizers.

Half then fun is driving up and going for a drive with other P-cars!

We have 10+ cars confirmed and if anyone else wants to come its on!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 PM
We are not crashing, just u bunch of pcars going for a drive.

Im trying to get in contact with C&C organizers.

Half then fun is driving up and going for a drive with other P-cars!

We have 10+ cars confirmed and if anyone else wants to come its on!
Yeah with these numbers we aren't crashing but we should get there plenty early. I think it would be a good idea to plan to arrive around 6:30 am if we want to park together. If we get there at 6:30am we should be able to all park in the very back where the exotics usually park.

Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - Cars & Coffee August 8th 2009