Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - Cars & Coffee August 8th 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - PORSCHE'S & Coffee August 8th

Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - PORSCHE'S & Coffee August 8th 2009

Lets have everyone come together and lets start PORSCHE'S & Coffee on August 8th.

We can meet in the lot adjacent to C&C lot and then creep over to C&C.

Also we can plan a drive from there to!

I know there are a ton of us So Cal owners here so lets all get together and make this happen!

I would like to have all San Diego Guys caravan up, and we can have video and pics taken on the way!

I think if we can get all of the SoCal porsche owners on here it would be awesome and unforgettable!

Last edited by mobonic; 07-24-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:12 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
hey dude.. i'm always down to go. hows it goin? i'm "huangover"... lol. RT!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Awesome. Lets round up the troops and turns Cars & Coffe into Porsche's & Coffee

Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
sounds good... check your PM.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Ok.

Lets get a role call going for August 8th 2009 Car & Coffee... I mean Porsche's & Coffee:

1. Mobonic - 997S
2. Gomez - 997S
3. GMG Racing - Surprise!
4. Jhuang25 - 996TT
5. Jellis - 997S

Reply and insert you name and car like above.

I hope we can get 50 cars! So Cal is supercar mecca!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
I'm in only if there is a group drive after! I see alot of meets set up but come on, let's drive these things!!!

Jon

Originally Posted by mobonic
Ok.

Lets get a role call going for August 8th 2009 Car & Coffee... I mean Porsche's & Coffee:

1. Mobonic - 997S
2. Gomez - 997S
4. Jhuang25 - 996TT
5. Jellis - 997S

Reply and insert you name and car like above.

I hope we can get 50 cars! So Cal is supercar mecca!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Hells yea group drive. That most of the fun!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
+1 for a group drive after.. I'm down..

Old 07-23-2009, 04:25 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Count me in: 09 997S

Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Role Call So Far:

1. Mobonic - 997S
2. Gomez - 997S
4. Jhuang25 - 996TT
5. Jellis - 997S
6. Jabed92694 - 997
7. OC Pcar - 997S
8: Mass - 997.2S
9. 10GT3 - 2010 GT3
10. Akshon

Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
In...

Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Last time we rolled up the San Diego crew met up just off the 5 at the California Pizza Kitchen lot on Nobel. We grabbed Dag just North of Oceanside....

Jason

Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Thwip is infamous around these parts
I noticed your plans for August 8 Cars & Coffee. Fact is, there is already an approved featured marque scheduled for that day. Please read their post below (that ran on Ferrari Chat several weeks ago). To assure space and a good welcome, you should contact the C&C organizers as they suggest below. They have featured Porsche on several occasions and it's really cool, Porsche signs erected and special space for you, but it has to be scheduled in advance! The 356 guys had a marque just a couple of weeks ago and it was great. It was great because they were gracious guests and got permission from the hosts, who are gracious themselves when guests are polite.

As many have pointed out, we're faced with overcrowding at Cars & Coffee. It has been our desire from the outset to welcome EVERYONE, but that has been with the request that this be a word-of-mouth gathering, not promoted online or through the media, and not surprised by pre-arranged caravans of cars arriving without confirming their plans in advance with the organizers. This is why we have asked area media and websites to not cover it. The vision of Cars & Coffee continues to be the preservation of what was started at Crystal Cove, to host a good variety of cars that are of interest and are unusual.

What makes a car "of interest?" The simplest way to put it is ... cars that you don't see the other six days of the week! If it's a car that is driven every day, odds are, it's not a car that will get people out of bed at 6 a.m. on a Saturday. Of course there will be a few exceptions, but that can be a general guide. If you remember the original Crystal Cove gathering, they did get to the point of excluding cars. We are trying to avoid that and we have only turned away cars when we are full. We rely on people to "self-police" in their awareness that a car you'd see in the shopping center lot on a Tuesday is probably not a top priority for the exhibitor lot at C&C. Such a car shouldn't be taking a space on Saturday morning that would require us to turn away a Tucker, a Jaguar XK-120, a Porsche 904, a Bugatti Veyron or a Ferrari 599, for example. Our parking structure holds 700 cars! We urge everyone to use it if you bring something not appropriate for exhibit. It's a matter of courtesy for your fellow enthusiasts. Above all, communicate with us, the organizers, if you are thinking of showing up with your whole forum in tow. Please get permission first or at least respect the decision of the organizers when they ask you to park together in the spectator lot. With advance notice, we can probably arrange for the featured marque lot that holds 50 cars. How to communicate? Stop at the entry driveway where volunteers are welcoming exhibitors. Or, give John Clinard a call at 949-242-6677. With advanced planning and your assurance of attendance within space constraints, any group or club that is put on the calendar can be better assured of a warm welcome, adequate space and a good time.

Since C&C began in October 2006, we have hosted 140 shows and over 70,000 cars! We have only had to turn cars away on three Saturdays, and each of those were because large groups showed up without pre-announcing their plans. That was no fun for anyone.

You've noticed we don't have a website and we never publicize featured marques. Why? Two reasons: to keep every Saturday a surprise, and to prevent Internet traffic that would produce excessive attendance requiring people to be turned away. Our limited space requires us to rely upon old-fashioned word-of-mouth. We fill the lot with this approach, and further promotion will hurt us all. While we work to minimize "rules" and "organization," some amount of pre-planning is essential in order to keep attendance within our capacity. The people at Ford and Mazda are generously sharing their parking lot and building facilities every Saturday. This is an opportunity that doesn't come along often, and we ask that everyone work together to assure a quality exhibit with limited attendance that allows room for everyone. Good community spirit and a bit of advanced planning assures a good time for all!

C&C

Last edited by Thwip; 07-23-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 PM
User 082322 is infamous around these parts
Doesn't look like we should crash this particular meeting, but I'm up for something. Count me in.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
CORONA is infamous around these parts
ok +1 time??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling All Socal Porsche Owners - Cars & Coffee August 8th 2009