DIY Oil Change Help Near Chino Hills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM
PorscheUSA is infamous around these parts
DIY Oil Change Help Near Chino Hills

I would like to try doing an oil change for my 2005 Porsche C2S. Since I have never done an oil change before, I do not have low-profile jacks, ramps, or any tools. If you have experience (...and more importantly , have equipment for DIY oil change) and would not mind sharing your expertise (and your equipment), please contact me.

Before I commit to purchasing all these equipments, I like to experience doing an oil change myself to see if this is something I would like to continue to do myself. Thank you.

Regards,
Jim

Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 AM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
I would like to try doing an oil change for my 2005 Porsche C2S. Since I have never done an oil change before, I do not have low-profile jacks, ramps, or any tools. If you have experience (...and more importantly , have equipment for DIY oil change) and would not mind sharing your expertise (and your equipment), please contact me.

Before I commit to purchasing all these equipments, I like to experience doing an oil change myself to see if this is something I would like to continue to do myself. Thank you.

Regards,
Jim
I'm in Chino Hills and I just did mine last weekend. I have the filter wrench. The only other thing you would need is the pan, a 15mm and a 19mm socket wrench and your good to go. I think your car should take the same amount of oil as mine. (8-9 quarts) I get my filters through sun coast. We are having a caravan to super car sunday on the 28th and CnC on the 27th. Let me know if you have any interest.

Randy

Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
all u need to know about DIY oil change.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-dragon.html

Old 08-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by QUIK 911
I'm in Chino Hills and I just did mine last weekend. I have the filter wrench. The only other thing you would need is the pan, a 15mm and a 19mm socket wrench and your good to go. I think your car should take the same amount of oil as mine. (8-9 quarts) I get my filters through sun coast. We are having a caravan to super car sunday on the 28th and CnC on the 27th. Let me know if you have any interest.

Randy
Do you use two jacks to get under the engine for oil change or use 2 ramps? Would you helping me do my first oil change?

I would love to join the caravan, but I will be out of town that weekend. Where do you guys meet for the caravan? I have been to C&C in Irvine, but what is Super Car Sunday?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Do you use two jacks to get under the engine for oil change or use 2 ramps? Would you helping me do my first oil change?

I would love to join the caravan, but I will be out of town that weekend. Where do you guys meet for the caravan? I have been to C&C in Irvine, but what is Super Car Sunday?

Thanks,
Jim
Give me a call, I'm not familiar with your car but it looks easy enough. I use just one jack because my car is too low to use the ramps. Heres my number 951-640-3290

Randy

Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks!

Thanks Randy for helping me do my first oil change!

It was pretty easy, but definitely having someone experienced point out the details makes the experience so much more educational and enjoyable.

Thanks again. Look forward to joining your next caravan.

Jim

Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks Randy for helping me do my first oil change!

It was pretty easy, but definitely having someone experienced point out the details makes the experience so much more educational and enjoyable.

Thanks again. Look forward to joining your next caravan.

Jim
Glad to help. Was great to meet you Jim. See you around town.