Long Beach Grand Prix 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
thx Jay !

just got my order in with Jonathan.

looking forward to it !
Hey Carlitos, glad you are going to roll with us!!

Originally Posted by summoboy
The caravan is a blast as is the racing. I'll miss it this year tho.
Hey John, I hope all is well! Sorry you are taking this Grand Prix off, we'll catch up soon!

Jay

Old 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I'm in for this event but don't understand why we couldn't do this on a Saturday where the Porsche race???

Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Looks like fun. I'm definitely going the following month at Laguna Seca. I just might have to consider a road trip to Long Beach.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Lbgp

aok jay!!!!!!!!!!

Hey John, I hope all is well! Sorry you are taking this Grand Prix off, we'll catch up soon!

Jay[/quote]

Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gotnem108
I'm in for this event but don't understand why we couldn't do this on a Saturday where the Porsche race???
yeah i would like to see the ALMS on sat as well.. anyone else going on sat too ?

also just got my tix in the mail.. what are the blue and yellow tix for ?

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
yeah i would like to see the ALMS on sat as well.. anyone else going on sat too ?

also just got my tix in the mail.. what are the blue and yellow tix for ?
Blue and yellow tix are for lunch and a raffle. Got mine yesterday too.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
shifterkartracr is infamous around these parts
Ordered my tix from Jonathan last night. This would be my first time with Mothers, but have been going to LBGP for the past 20 years. Also used to race shifterkarts with Jim from Mothers a couple of years ago.. really looking forward to this!

See you guys there!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Any drives to the Mother's meetpoint by LB coming from OC/IE? I know about the Calabasas one but its out of the way.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM
There are usually people that meet up early in am for some high speed runs. However, most people just meet at the meeting spot early at the starbucks on lakewood. It's usually a good turnout-"cars and coffee" style

Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by OCTurbo
There are usually people that meet up early in am for some high speed runs. However, most people just meet at the meeting spot early at the starbucks on lakewood. It's usually a good turnout-"cars and coffee" style
Cool looking forward to it!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
My mistake- the Starbucks is on bellflower, not on Lakewood. See u there

Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We are running in the ALMS race on Saturday car #32.

And we are running a few cars in the World Challenge race on Sunday.

Be sure to stop by the GMG World Challenge paddock and pick up your calender.

Free to all the Mothers guests!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shifterkartrace
Any drives to the Mother's meetpoint by LB coming from OC/IE? I know about the Calabasas one but its out of the way.

Thanks!
I'm coming from Alta Loma if you want to caravan.
I'd like to do a run as well though.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by plastique999
I'm coming from Alta Loma if you want to caravan.
I'd like to do a run as well though.
Cool! Im not sure about a run that early though as I have plans Sat night and not sure about getting up that early

I did see your post on fchat too about some guys coming from the IE (yeah I'm a lurker till I can get an Fcar one day lol ) gonna meet up with a buddy of mine coming from Anaheim Hills, Im located in Diamond Bar/ Chino Hills area... Lemme know!

Thank you!

Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
GMG Racing to Debut First Ever Pirelli World Challenge Audi R8 LMS at Grand Prix of Long Beach
Long Beach, CA - GMG Racing, the multi-series professional racing team and premier performance tuning facility for European vehicles in Southern California, will debut the world’s first World Challenge Audi R8 LMS at the Grand Prix of Long Beach for Round 3 of the 2012 Pirelli World Challenge series. The vehicle is just one of five being fielded by GMG for the race, the most of any team, which is fitting for an event practically taking place in the team’s back yard in Southern California.

“GMG Racing got our hands on this vehicle from Phoenix Racing in Germany less than two weeks before race day,” acknowledges James Sofronas, GMG Racing president, co-founder, and lead driver. “We worked closely with SCCA officials to determine how to get the car into World Challenge spec and our crew has been implementing the modifications around the clock in preparation.”

The modified Audi R8 LMS GT3 will debut in the GT Class for the April 15 Pirelli World Challenge race in Long Beach. The car will be driven by the newest addition to the GMG Racing team, 2006 Grand-Am Champion Anders Hainer from Hidden Hills, California.

“GMG Racing is excited to have a quick and experienced driver such as Anders Hainer piloting the World Challenge Audi R8 LMS,” noted Sofronas. “The Audi R8 LMS represents an amazing racing platform that I predict will have a big impact on motorsports in North America.”
“It’s a real challenge to return to motorsports for an event like this in a car that has yet to be put through its paces in America,” acknowledged Hainer. “I look forward to getting to know the car and how it handles in race traffic as the season progresses. It’s a great opportunity.”

“Racing the R8 LMS starts a new chapter in GMG’s racing history and we are very excited to add the Audi brand to the racing department,” stated GMG vice president and co-owner Fabryce Kutyba. “GMG has a long standing history tuning Audi road cars over the last ten years and now racing the R8 will help with the development of motorsport-proven performance parts.”

The rest of the GMG Racing World Challenge team will be on hand in Long Beach. Sofronas will once again be behind the wheel of the No. 14 GMG Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car in the GT class, following up a second place podium finish during the opening weekend of the 2012 World Challenge series in St. Petersburg. Sofronas won the Long Beach event in 2009 and scored a runner up finish there last year.

“St Pete. was a bit of a disappointment as we had a strong car for the first race but couldn’t capitalize with all the yellows,” admitted Sofronas. “For the 2nd race, I had contact with a Volvo on the 4 lap that knocked the toe out so we didn’t have a car that could run up front.”

Dino Crescentini returns to Long Beach to drive the StopTech / GMG Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car in the GT class. The Grand Prix of Long Beach is the site of what he called “the best race of my life” when he fought his way from the back of the pack to a runner-up podium finish in 2010.
Bill Ziegler will be on hand as well to continue his 2012 World Challenge season in the GTS class. He will once again pilot the No. 95
Swisher/GMG Mitsubishi EVO. Ziegler will be looking to build on the momentum from St. Petersburg where at one point was running as high as 3rd place.

Brent Holden will make his 2012 GMG Racing debut in Long Beach behind the wheel of the No. 44 GMG Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car in the GT class.

“GMG Racing is coming to the table in Long Beach with a deep lineup of drivers and vehicles that includes our usual staples plus some great debuts that promises an exciting race for us and the fans,” concluded Sofronas. “We couldn’t do it without the support of the great companies behind us like StopTech brakes, Mobil 1, Pirelli Tires and Endless.”

“Needless to say, we want to win Long Beach,” summarizes Sofronas. “Both Dino and I have either won or finished 2nd there multiple times and this race is the biggest one for GMG. We will have over 250 GMG clients in the stands and we want to give them a show!”

The Pirelli World Challenge at the Grand Prix of Long Beach kicks off with practice sessions on April 13 and 14 then a qualifying session on the morning of Sunday, April 15 followed by the race at 4:15pm Pacific that same day. The race will be streamed live online at www.world-challengeTV.com

For more information about GMG Racing, visit www.GMGracing.com or keep up to date through Facebook (GMG Racing), Twitter (@GMGracing) and YouTube (/GMGracing).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long Beach Grand Prix 2012