OC window tint recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
OC window tint recommendations?

Looking for a few options to quote some window tint, maybe even front, to reduce UV and IR, so maybe ceramic. Recommendations in Orange County, CA?

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
PM me what you have in mind. We use Pinnacle Formula 1 and it's one of the best ceramic films out there. Thanks.

UPDATE*** We now also install Huper Optik and 3M Crystalline ***

Last edited by MoeMistry; 11-24-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up GP Window Tint Installation: Porsche Panamera 4 w/ Huper Optik

Just completed an install on the dreaded Panamera Just kidding. It's actually an easy install provided you know what you're doing. This Panamera got Ceramic 30 all around and Ceramic 60 on windshield. Typical process takes about 5 hours.

Here's the rubber molding that gets dirt trapped in and as window rolls up and down, scratches window film

A few molding pieces removed to gain better access to molding

Every window film installation includes one of our Clarification services. As you can see, this white Panamera could use a little bath

Usual overspray from cleaning interior glass surfaces and applying window film

Felt in place and future film scratching solved

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. And please feel free to call or PM us if you have further questions and/or would like to make an appointment.

Last edited by MoeMistry; 10-07-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
i use Beach Autosound in HB. the tint guy is a pro, been at it for like 15 years.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Boxzing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
PM me what you have in mind. We use Pinnacle Formula 1 and it's one of the best ceramic films out there. Thanks.
PM sent

Old 11-24-2012, 02:13 AM
xeno is infamous around these parts
I hope you made your customer aware that tint on the front window is a major safety hazard. Windshields are designed to shatter and tint holds them together, turning them into a brick wall during an accident.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Boxzing
PM sent
PM sent back

Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by xeno
I hope you made your customer aware that tint on the front window is a major safety hazard. Windshields are designed to shatter and tint holds them together, turning them into a brick wall during an accident.
You do make a valid and good point. But I'm not sure which is better. On the flip side, you avoid heat and direct sunlight to your face and torso, protected from skin cancer causing UV rays, protected from flying glass to your eyes and face during an accident, and much more. The film is designed to be flexible, so if there is a head-on collision, and you go past the airbag, the film gives enough to not hold glass firm to act as the brick wall you speak of. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Perfect Window Tint in Santa Ana...

Have used them for years on my personal cars and he does first rate work...

There are alot of good window tinters out there...

Old 02-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by sognaremotorsport
Correct me if I'm wrong Moe, but you give the impression that you, yourself are tinting. Last time I checked you are using other tint shops to do the work, and have used several different ones in the past few years. Which means, your work is not certified by the manufacturer. The actual tint shop has to certify it for warranty purposes, but the card won't say Glistening Perfection did the work - unless you have a backdoor deal going down with our friends over at Huper. So basically, anyone tinting at your shop will get their baby tinted by which ever shop you are using at the moment. Huper is a very difficult install, there are industry vets with 30+ years of experience who are scared to touch the stuff.
Glistening Perfection is an authorized Huper Optik dealer, http://huperoptikusa.com/contact-us/find-a-dealer/, and I have three window tinters that are more than qualified to install the film; no issues with the film at all. Especially since it's the only film we install, we've gotten to know it pretty good Most our clients do business with us not based on manufacturer warranty, but the iron clad warranty backed by Glistening Perfection. I hope that clarifies things.