Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
Great news, Charles. I'm looking forward to it.
Bob

Old 05-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Looney2N is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome.

It has been a long day getting on the road at 4:30 and finally getting home 2:30.

The drive home was great once I got to the 15/501 junction with Hwy 1. From there I picked my way through roads that I have not been on in over 10 years.

And, oh man, did I find a great set of roller coaster curves..........I mean, with the mileage turning over 2K on the way home, I let her wind out and caught myself very near air-born on a set of wooptie doos!! That is the first time I have felt the car's rear end actually loose traction for just a fraction of a second. But, just like you guys kept telling me, I stayed on the accelerator!!

Anyway..........thanks again (Robert, thanks for the coffee!) and I am looking forward to next time we can meet up.

Hey, Charles..............it you get over this way during your work, maybe we can sneak out for an 18 hole inspection of some kind

If you guys get an email group listing together, put me on it. I will also send some pics I took...............

Shiny Side UP, my friends!!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:59 PM
It was a great morning. And it was great to meet Jack, Rich, Ash and Jackie.

Jack, thank you for driving for such a long time to get to our coffee/bagels gathering. It sounds like you had a great drive home. Enjoy that beautiful car! It's incredible. I still can't believe there's no dip stick for the oil!

Rich, I look forward to seeing you again at a future meeting in a couple weeks. Have fun at VIR with the Alfa Romeos!

Ash and Jackie - it was a pleasure to meet you both. Thank you for being the first of the 944 group to join us. I hope you'll join us again in the future. Good luck at the autocross tomorrow.

For those who weren't there, we started out at the Bean & Bagel in Apex. Charles, Rich, Jack, Ash and Jackie, Manil and I had great conversation.

Then, we drove as a group to Brier Creek for the PCA and Italian Car Club event. On the way, we met Kevin and his family. They drove with us on 540 in his yellow 1976 911. That may have been the highlight of the day - 5 Porsches rolling down the highway. It was beautiful, and it never gets old.

Here's the link to the photos:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Bob

Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
brier creek was fun stopped by on the way to UINC for lacrosse game

Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Jack,
It was GREAT having you join us last Saturday. You are welcome anytime.....Your new Carrera S is beautiful...Everytime I'm around a first time Porsche owner like you it's like seeing a kid in a candy store.....discovering
new things about your new toy......and keeping a constant "GRIN" on your face.
I must add a friendly piece of advise.....when driving you new high performance toy keep a little fear in the back of your mind...sometimes we get so excited we stretch our luck a little too much......

Yes...I think it a very good idea on one of my trips to your area that I bring my clubs and we can check out some local links...

Enjoy you new toy...you made a great choice...

Charles

Originally Posted by Looney2N
I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome.

It has been a long day getting on the road at 4:30 and finally getting home 2:30.

The drive home was great once I got to the 15/501 junction with Hwy 1. From there I picked my way through roads that I have not been on in over 10 years.

And, oh man, did I find a great set of roller coaster curves..........I mean, with the mileage turning over 2K on the way home, I let her wind out and caught myself very near air-born on a set of wooptie doos!! That is the first time I have felt the car's rear end actually loose traction for just a fraction of a second. But, just like you guys kept telling me, I stayed on the accelerator!!

Anyway..........thanks again (Robert, thanks for the coffee!) and I am looking forward to next time we can meet up.

Hey, Charles..............it you get over this way during your work, maybe we can sneak out for an 18 hole inspection of some kind

If you guys get an email group listing together, put me on it. I will also send some pics I took...............

Shiny Side UP, my friends!!

Last edited by cdaniels; 05-04-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-11-2008, 08:30 PM
We had a great turnout at Saturday's event. It was great to see Dell, Randy, John, Rich and Bruce We also met Jeff and Martin from Hurricane Region on their way to an autocross event. In total, There were nine Porsches - one of them was a 1988 911 that belongs to a new attendee the named Michael.

There is a charity Concours next weekend in Durham hosted by the hurricane region. If anyone's interested in going to that event, let me know.

By the way, the owners of the bean and bagel thanked us for our patronage.

Have a great week!

Bob

Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Charity Concurs, Ingram Collection

Bob,
I plan on going to the Charity Concurs, Ingram Collection in Durham this Saturday....Let's get a group from Bean & Bagel and ride over together.

What time does it start?

Charles(agt 007)

Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Jeff996 is infamous around these parts
Here is a link with some information:

http://hur.pca.org/Concours.php

Jeff

Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks....

Originally Posted by Jeff996
Here is a link with some information:

http://hur.pca.org/Concours.php

Jeff

Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Charles - your timing couldn't be better. I believe the concours starts at 8am. So we'd have to leave by no later than 7:30. Am I right? I'll get gas the night before, to avoid being late again .

So, I can meet at the B&B by 7am (that's when they open).

Bob

Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey, guys,

Charles and I talked about getting a group together to spectate or participate in the Hurricane Region's charity concours at the Ingram Collection in Durham. It's Saturday from 8-10 (you might want to check the PCA website/Hurricane Region for the details). It's $25 the day of the event to enter.

I propose we meet at Bean & Bagel by 7:30 - they open at 7:00 am, for those who are ambitious.

Post if you're interested in going. If you'd like to see what it looked like last year, there are pictures posted under the Hurricane Region's photos subdirectory.

Bob

Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 AM
B&B caravan from Apex/Cary to Charity Concurs-Ingram Collecton

Bob,
If you are going to enter your car in the concours contest you need to be there between 8-10 am.....but the show is open to the public from 10am-2pm......

Since I am not entering my car in the concours contest I plan to arrive no earlier than 10 am....

I'll be happy to meet anybody at B&B around 9:30 am which should get us to the event by 10am.....

Your move Porsche Dude........

Charles

Originally Posted by rotokim
Charles - your timing couldn't be better. I believe the concours starts at 8am. So we'd have to leave by no later than 7:30. Am I right? I'll get gas the night before, to avoid being late again .

So, I can meet at the B&B by 7am (that's when they open).

Bob

Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm glad you clarified that for me, Charles. I've had a tough week of travel and I'd have to cram tomorrow to get ready. So, I'm going to relax, not enter the car, and drink/eat my usual breakfast at the Bean & Bagel until 9:30 and then head over to the Concourse. I'll see you there!

Bob

Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
See you there....

Hope lots of folks will join us.....love a Porsche Parade.....

Charles[

quote=rotokim;1851201]I'm glad you clarified that for me, Charles. I've had a tough week of travel and I'd have to cram tomorrow to get ready. So, I'm going to relax, not enter the car, and drink/eat my usual breakfast at the Bean & Bagel until 9:30 and then head over to the Concourse. I'll see you there!

Bob[/quote]

Old 05-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Looney2N is infamous around these parts
Feast or Famine...................Sounds like you guys have a full schedule on your hands for Saturday.

There are a half dozen or so heading up to Blowing Rock for lunch from Charlotte. All but about 12 miles will consist of twisty/back roads.

You guys have fun and take some pics...............drive safely!!!

Jack

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels