Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 AM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Thanks Jack...sorry we can't join you guys.....your drive sounds more fun...but we do want a rain check and want to make that run another time...

Don't fall off the mountain..be safe,

Charles

Originally Posted by Looney2N
Feast or Famine...................Sounds like you guys have a full schedule on your hands for Saturday.

There are a half dozen or so heading up to Blowing Rock for lunch from Charlotte. All but about 12 miles will consist of twisty/back roads.

You guys have fun and take some pics...............drive safely!!!

Jack

Old 05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the invite to the road trip, Jack. I'm a little envious b/c I heard the Blowing Rock area is beautiful.

As for the Cary/Apex crew, I'll be at the Bean & Bagel at the usual time before heading over to the charity concours. It's been a particularly tough week and I'm not going to detail the Porsche tonight - too much effort.

See you in the morning!
Bob

Old 05-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the delayed follow-up, everyone. Here's a link to the photos from the concours at the Ingram Collection this past Saturday. I've also included a couple pictures of Michael (911 SC) and Charles (996) driving east on 540 to the event.

Enjoy.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=80sdlbr.5s3cyb6j&x=0&y=19jd6b&localeid=en_ US

Bob

Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll be at the Bean & Bagel this Saturday morning. With it being the Memorial Day weekend, I suspect many of you will be out of town. But, for those who are in town, let me know you're coming. I'll be there at 7:30.
Bob

Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey, everyone,

Here are the pictures I snapped of the folks at Saturday's get together. Bruce, I'm sorry that I didn't take a picture of your beautiful car on Saturday.

Greg (Ferrari 308) asked to join the group on Saturdays - which we welcmed whole-heartedly. I've always wanted to learn about the care/feeding/performance of a Ferrari.

Enjoy the pictures!

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04833.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	70898   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04837.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	70899   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04839.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	70900   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04828.jpg
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	70901  
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey, guys.

I just heard from Greg, who is a Ferrari owner. He just sent me this info. re Saturday:

"Good Afternoon Bob!
Great to meet you and Mike this morning over at Bean & Bagel.
Look forward to meeting you and the Porsche guys again next month (July) are Brier Creek.
Here's the details of the post on FerrariChat.com
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197048
Triangle Italians will be doing something a little different for our June 7th get-together. Rather than meeting @ Brier Creek for breakfast, we’ll be driving to VIR to watch the Gold Cup Historic Races.
We’ll be meeting at Sheetz on the corner of T.W. Alexander & South Miami Blvd (actual address is 3021 South Miami Blvd). The plan is to meet ~ 7:00AM, gas-up, get coffee, leave, and arrive @ VIR around 8:30AM.
Tickets for the Saturday races are $15.
Link to VIR Gold Cup Races:
http://www.virclub.com/2008-vir-gold...ric-races.html
Looking forward to seeing everyone and assembling a good caravan of Ferrari’s (and Porsche's) for our drive to VIR!"

Let me know if you're interested in going to VIR.

Bob

Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Early Bird get the worm.......

I plan to go....man that's early.....maybe I'll bring a sleeping bag and camp out at Sheetzs the night before....

Charles

Originally Posted by rotokim
Hey, guys.

I just heard from Greg, who is a Ferrari owner. He just sent me this info. re Saturday:

"Good Afternoon Bob!
Great to meet you and Mike this morning over at Bean & Bagel.
Look forward to meeting you and the Porsche guys again next month (July) are Brier Creek.
Here's the details of the post on FerrariChat.com
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197048
Triangle Italians will be doing something a little different for our June 7th get-together. Rather than meeting @ Brier Creek for breakfast, we’ll be driving to VIR to watch the Gold Cup Historic Races.
We’ll be meeting at Sheetz on the corner of T.W. Alexander & South Miami Blvd (actual address is 3021 South Miami Blvd). The plan is to meet ~ 7:00AM, gas-up, get coffee, leave, and arrive @ VIR around 8:30AM.
Tickets for the Saturday races are $15.
Link to VIR Gold Cup Races: http://www.virclub.com/2008-vir-gold...ric-races.html
Looking forward to seeing everyone and assembling a good caravan of Ferrari’s (and Porsche's) for our drive to VIR!"

Let me know if you're interested in going to VIR.

Bob

Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm buring the midnight oil to prepare for a big meeting tomorrow. If this week continues like this, I'm going to be a zombie on Saturday morning at 7 am. But, I'll be a happy zombie!
Bob

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Too hot for VIR? 99 degrees

Saturday is suppose to be 99 degrees...Is that too hot for going to VIR?
O.K. so I'm a wimp!

I'm buring the midnight oil to prepare for a big meeting tomorrow. If this week continues like this, I'm going to be a zombie on Saturday morning at 7 am. But, I'll be a happy zombie!
Bob

Old 06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Too hot for VIR? 99 degrees

I stand corrected....it's suppose to 100 degrees Saturday!

Bob

Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM
If we arrive around 8:30, I'll probably stay for a couple hours and get home around noon. It'll be hot, but I'm going to see how long I can last.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey, guys,

I almost turned around this morning and just went to the B&B - only one guy from the Ferrari group showed up and I missed him by a couple minutes. Bruce (Cayman S) was there too, but I missed him also. So, I'll be at the B&B next weekend. But it won't be for very long because we have guests in town. I'm going to force them to give me my Saturday morning car/coffee/bagel time. Maybe I'll see you next weekend. Or, if you're really interested in a 30-45 minute drive around Jordan Lake, give me a call - I'd be happy to go.

The weather this morning was actually perfect for a drive to VIR - I really enjoyed it. I arrived with no intention of participating in the car show, but there weren't that many people there and only 1 Porsche (964 Carrera cab). After I entered, I met John Henry (nickname) from Virginia who owns a beautiful black '82 928. He also entered it in the show. At the end, there were 5 Porsches in the show - a 944 and Bruce's Cayman S joined in.

Great day! Here's the link to many photos (some of them blurry b/c my batteries were dying). I'll post the shaky video from the track later.

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Old 06-14-2008, 05:11 AM
I'm leaving for the Bean & Bagel in 5 minutes, in case any of you early-risers are checking to see if anyone will be there. I need me some coffee and bagel!
Bob

Old 06-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Great Group of People!

Great to see everyone this weekend - still my favorite way to start it. It was great to meet the new attendees - Martin (C4S), Ian & Tori (Boxster), Peter (Boxster) and Al-x? (996). Randy, Michael, and Charles were there, too.

I ran into Greg (Ferrari 308) on 64 later that day - he may join us again one Saturday soon. Such a great looking car.

Dell - I'll see you at the B&B next weekend. FYI - we're still discussing a drive that's relatively local and ends at lunch somewhere.

Here are the pics - see you next week (if you're not at the BBQ Run).

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	June 16 2008 006.jpg
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	72182   Click image for larger version

Name:	June 16 2008 008.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	72183   Click image for larger version

Name:	June 16 2008 011.jpg
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	72184   Click image for larger version

Name:	June 16 2008 013.jpg
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	72185  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm on my way to the B&B this morning. See you there!

Bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels