Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
Last Saturday's Coffee and Drive

Hi, everyone - I had hoped to post pictures, but they mysteriously disappeared from my camera (just after my wife took pictures of the kids).

We had a great turnout on Saturday morning - Dell (996 cab), Michael ('88 Carrera), Charles (996 coupe), Bruce (Cayman S), Manil (C4S), Helmut (Golf GTI), and me (996).

We had a great conversation, solved the world's problems, and then took a drive on our usual route. The weather was a bit overcast, but the drive did not disappoint us. Michael led, with me, Bruce, Manil and Helmut following.

On a separate note, my pyrotech helmet arrived this morning. Can't wait to try it on!

Have a great week, everyone. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Bob

Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Pictures Found

Thankfully, my wife uploaded the pictures from last Saturday's coffee mtg and drive to her computer. Hope you'll join us there sometime soon!

Here they are:

Attached Images      
Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
id love to come out with the turbo but 3 hours is a bit of a trip for me.

im way down in columbia, sc and its not really a hoppin spot for 6speeders.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the post. Are you really selling that amazing car? It looks amazing.

If you're in Columbia for an extended period of time, maybe we can make arrangements for a few of us to meet you halfway for a lunch.

Just out of curiosity, why does your signature say "Fort Monmouth, NJ"? We have family in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.

Bob

Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
I spent 8 years russel ave ft monmouth nj one of my best freinds Sri working there !!!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Great to see everyone yesterday! I had a chance to enjoy some coffee with Charles (996), John (Boxster) and Rich (Targa) before heading over to Brier Creek. We talked mostly about the DE that's coming up at VIR in a couple weeks.

Around 9am, we headed over to Brier Creek for the monthly Italians gathering at the Hurricane PCA Koffee Klatch - which is always so much more than Porsches and Italians. Here's the link to the photos I took:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

It was terrific to meet Ralph and his 993 cab - what a beautiful car. Ralph, I have had a model of your car on my shelf for years - it's nice to see one in real life. We'd love to see you at the Wake Zone anytime - you're always welcome.

It was also great to see Jeff Schiff and his immaculate 996 at Brier Creek.

Dell, we knew you were at CMP and wished you the best of luck as you experienced the new set-up for your RS.

Michael, I'm sure you were working, as you had indicated you might be last week. Hope it wasn't too tough.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and have a terrific week.
Bob

Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Another great morning with our Cary/Apex (and Raleigh and Pittsboro) crew. It was a better turnout than anyone anticipated, given the lousy weather in the morning. Strangely, by the time we left (10am-ish), the sun was shining.

Thank you, everyone for a great start to the weekend! Here's who was there: Ken (928), Dell (Mercedes E-Class), Charles (Lexus), Randy (Ford F Series Pick-up), Bruce (Cayman S), Jeff (996), Michael ('88 911 Carrera), and Scott (C4S).

After we left the Wake Zone (outstanding coffees and service, by the way), Scott and I were very fortunate to get Dell's help with oil filter changes. Bruce also attended to see the "belly of the beasts" on Dell's lift. A big thanks to Dell for being our group's Porsche professor - he generously opens his home and makes time for us when we need assistance.

Lastly, we had the opportunity to see Dell's RSA - these are probably the only photos we'll see of it standing still for the forseeable future.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

If you haven't attended one of our gatherings, I encourage you do so. You would be hard pressed to meet a friendlier, more relaxed group of people. The group is always up for a drive in the country after we're loaded with espresso. All makes and models of Porsche (and now, Mercedes, Lexus and Ford) are always welcome!

Have a great week.
Bob

Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Here are some photos from our last couple get-togethers. About 12-15 of us meet every Saturday at the Wake Zone in Apex, NC. Hope you can join us sometime.

Bob

Attached Images      
Old 02-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Forgot to mention, we have coffee and conversation from 7:30-10:00, followed by an hour drive in the country. Today, we extended the drive for another hour and had lunch at the Carolina Brew House in Pittsboro, NC.

14 people showed up for coffee
11 cars were on the drive.
10 people had lunch together.

These are some great people. I hope you'll have an opportunity to join us some time.

Bob