Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:28 AM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

I just noticed that a few other cities are getting together for coffee, and that reminded me to once again invite anyone who is interested to our Saturday morning coffee and bagels at the Bean & Bagel in Apex. Here's a link to their website.

Bean and Bagel Cafe
www.beanandbagelcafe.com

Right now, it's a few 996 owners and a Cayman S owner. We've also enjoyed time with a Porsche Pete's Boxster Board member. So, I hope you'll join us too. We usually hang out from 7:30 to 10:00 am. We eat, drink, talk and gawk...at the Porsches.

Disclaimer - This is not a PCA function and should not be confused with the Brier Creek PCA Koffee Klatch that also takes place on Saturday mornings. We also like that function, but sometimes feel like staying 'round the neighborhood.
Bob

Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 PM
ckm88 is infamous around these parts
Hey, my name is Cary too...haha weird

Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 PM
fastcroc is infamous around these parts
Bob,FYI: I'll be teaching a class during the next three Saturday afternoons, so I may not be able to join the group on those mornings.Bruce

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Maybe you guys could make a trip to Charlotte next weekend....Theres a meet at GMP on the 19th that begins at 10. Nice gathering of Porshe's/Lambo's/Ferrari's last meet.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for notification about the Charlotte event. I don't know if we can make it next weekend, but I'll try. It's a bit of a drive from Apex (but it would be fun).

Old 04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rotokim
Thanks for notification about the Charlotte event. I don't know if we can make it next weekend, but I'll try. It's a bit of a drive from Apex (but it would be fun).
There's a group coming from Raleigh that morning as well.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Just a reminder to anyone that's interested that we're getting together on Saturday morning at the Bean & Bagel in Apex.

I met a great guy in my neighborhood today (John Mitcheson) who owns a red Boxster, and he's planning to join us if the weather holds out.

My plan is to bring a proposed map for the Saturday drive idea. Hopefully, we'll leave with a date and a travel path.

Also, I met another Porsche owner (Bill Collins - Black 993 Cabriolet) who told me about a friend of his at Roads Scholars - it might be fun to meet him and see his facility at some point in the future. Apparently, he deals in high-quality Porsches.

Lastly, the Carolinas region of the PCA has let their members know that our little group meets on Saturdays, for anyone who's local and interested.

See you on Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.
Bob

Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 AM
A great morning at the B&B - great to see you guys. Next week, we'll all be at VIR for the Rolex race. See you again in a couple weeks.

Bob

Attached Images      
Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
We had a great morning at the Bean & Bagel. Here are some pictures.

Next Saturday, we're all driving to VIR for the Rolex Race. If you'd like to join in on the convoy (about 1 hour), send me a PM.

Otherwise, I hope you'll join us in 2 weeks at the Bean & Bagel.

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...4_972267400603

Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Looney2N is infamous around these parts
If you're in the neighborhood and would like to join us for some coffee, bagels, conversation and Porsche-gawking, we'll be at the Bean & Bagel in Apex tomorrow morning from 7:30 to 10:00.

Our usual attendees are two aero 996s, a C4S, an occasional GT3, a well-modified 996, a Cayman S, and a Boxster. And there are some owners there too.

Anyone's welcome - we're there most Saturdays, weather permitting (and sometimes in spite of the weather).

Disclaimer - This isn't the PCA's Saturday morning gathering. That takes place at Camille's in Brier Creek. We're just a group of locals who like to stay closer to home most of the time - gives us time for our weekend "honey-do" list.
I really like that you guys gather for coffee and a little run on a regular basis. I am currently trying to organize the same for some Charlotte owners.

Keep posting and someday I would like to make the drive up your way to meet you guys.

Jack

Old 04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Jack. I'm going to be at Parade. Are you? I'm frequently in Charlotte for business and would love an excuse to drive the Porsche. So, if you or your friends would like to get together, let me know.

As for the process of getting a group together, it's been great. I continue to meet some great people with amazing cars. I believe there's lots of opportunity to grow this group because I see so many Porsches on this side of town.

Good luck with your group. I can imagine a road trip in the future to meet your group halfway between Cary/Apex and the Charlotte area.

Bob

Old 04-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Looney2N is infamous around these parts
Bob,

I will be around during the Parade. I plan on some volunteering, being the host city and all.

I was thinking about the same thing; the 2 groups meeting half way sometime.

I am just now trying to get this started, so it may take some time.

How about shooting me your email address and I can add it to my Porsche list.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
This Saturday, I propose that we meet at the Bean & Bagel by 8:30 and drive over to Camille's as a group. It's the Italian Car Club weekend again.

Hope to see you there!

Bob

Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
We had a great trip to VIR last weekend (7 Porsche owners and 6 cars).

This Saturday, I propose that we meet at the Bean & Bagel by 8:30 and drive over to Camille's as a group. It's the Italian Car Club weekend again.

Hope to see you there!

Bob

Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
I'll be there by 8:30 am....

Charles

We had a great trip to VIR last weekend (7 Porsche owners and 6 cars).

Hope to see you there!

Bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels