Atlanta Auto Show -NO PORSCHE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Atlanta Auto Show -NO PORSCHE!

I looked at the exhibitors list for this weeks Atlanta Auto show and Porsche is NOT listed. WTF???
Why would Porsche skip ATL?? Damn Porsche USA HQ is in perimeter. I'm pissed and disappointed.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
porschefan1013 is infamous around these parts
My guess is that it's not officially on the world auto show circuit and therefore it's supplied with cars from local dealerships. I can't imagine the local dealership wouldn't want to participate in a city like Atlanta, but they must feel it isn't worth their time. They do the same thing in Memphis...Mercedes Benz never shows either.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschefan1013
My guess is that it's not officially on the world auto show circuit and therefore it's supplied with cars from local dealerships. I can't imagine the local dealership wouldn't want to participate in a city like Atlanta, but they must feel it isn't worth their time. They do the same thing in Memphis...Mercedes Benz never shows either.
Mercedes is here. Most of the booths are corporately supported and staffed with salesmen from dealerships. I talked to someone at PCNA yesterday and he said that they were only going to shows in their major markets (NY, LA, Chicago). I guess they don't sell enough cars in Atlanta to justify coming out. I am not sure the demo is really right for exotics. Great for exposure but Porsche doesn't tend to struggle with brand recognition.

Lamborghini didn't come out this year so our rental Gallardo was the only one at the show. Ferrari almost didn't come. The show seems to be going downhill a bit. If all of the exotics drop out, I think attendance will suffer even more.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
jso
jso is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joyride
I looked at the exhibitors list for this weeks Atlanta Auto show and Porsche is NOT listed. WTF???
Why would Porsche skip ATL?? Damn Porsche USA HQ is in perimeter. I'm pissed and disappointed.

iirc i believe porsche wasnt here last year as well. I didnt even bother going this year.. and i agree.. very disapointing.. did they even have the new gtr this year?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:20 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
i went 2yrs ago and was very disapointed. i felt like i could've went to the dealership and saw the same cars

Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Yes, gtr was there.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:37 AM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
The show needs help. Its not that good, has never been good and is getting worse.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
mashed potatoes is infamous around these parts
I did get the number of a cute girl working a booth.

But yea it was not that good.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
ironchefigor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mashed potatoes
I did get the number of a cute girl working a booth.

But yea it was not that good.
Which booth girl? The one that was at the Lexus booth presiding over the GT5 IS-F demo, was hot!

Just came back from the show, and it was alright.

Highlights
GT-R
IS-F
Audi R8, new A4, A5, S5
M3
ZR-1
CTS-V
F430 and 599
AM DBS
Challenger

Otherwise everything else was rather meh.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
The show was split into two halls instead of the usual one because the main hall sustained so much structural damage from the tornado that they could not repair it on time. The show was going to be canceled, but the MAADA (http://www.maada.com/) decided to hold the show at the last minute as it is their main revenue generating event for the year. They finally decided on this just two weeks before the opening date. They were charging full price for floorspace, but many dealers felt it would not be worthwhile to be split into two halls, and because not enough resources were spent ahead of time this year to promote the show. That's why the showing was poor, and the turnout was poor.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
I went today and even with the off weather, turnout, IMO was pretty good. I agree, seems EVER CAR MAKER had hot girls working for them, I never have seen this before at the Atlanta Auto Show.

The Aston Martin DBS and GT-R stole the show, IMO. Butler had a 997 Turbo with I think a TechArt kit there.

Here are some pics.

The tallest structure in the SE.....battered by the Tornado

[IMG][/IMG]

Walking inside

Walking to Hall C, that is the GA Dome to the left

Walking down Hall C, to the Autoshow

Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Both are hawt!!!

I love the rear. Thing is,now Infiniti has the same tailights as a Nissan. They really continue to back peddle even as they advance.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM

Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
How they were making the VW model cars from recycled plastic, cool!!

THIS IS PERFECT!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlanta Auto Show -NO PORSCHE!