Charlotte Metro P Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Looney2N is infamous around these parts
Charlotte Metro P Cars

I have been searching for a group that meets for coffee and chat and drive on some sort of a regular basis..........monthly, weekly, etc.

I see where groups in other parts of the country do it, but I'll be darned if I can find any around here (Charlotte Metro Area).

What's up with that?? When I am home (not traveling for work), I drive my car everyday, somewhere. Sometimes it is just a 40 mile ride and other times it is a discovery run of a 100 mile or so. Hell, I bought it to drive.

I do not use it for any thing but fun drives; no running to the store, etc.

Step up and let me know if you want to try and meet sometime. I was asking around at the PCA meeting and found few who don't even know about this site.

Email: looneytoon@carolina.rr.com

Last edited by Looney2N; 04-23-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Let me know if you get something put together. I would down for Saturday mornings..

Old 04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm here too....just often tough to do with family, etc. We should be able to get something going. Be sure to get on the pca regional site too and Harvey will talk it up a bit.

There was a Charlotte based Mountain run not long ago organized by someone on rennlist.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by meaker
Let me know if you get something put together. I would down for Saturday mornings..
Hey meaker, if you send me a PM with your email address, it would easy to add you to a P Car Group I am starting. If you don't mind................

Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
I'm here too....just often tough to do with family, etc. We should be able to get something going. Be sure to get on the pca regional site too and Harvey will talk it up a bit.

There was a Charlotte based Mountain run not long ago organized by someone on rennlist.
Thanks Eric.................I did just that and Harvey thinks some of the guys may not be using the internet much. He suggested I pass around a sign up sheet, which I plan to do at the next meeting I get to.

PS Thanks for RejeX...............going to apply when I get back from the West Coast.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:59 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
If you're not limiting the group to just 996 owners, I would suggest posting to rennlist and Porsche Pete's Boxster Board (ppbb.com). Also, I find that Rennlist's 924/944/951/968 forum is extremely active. I'd try to get some of those guys to participate. So far, I've had some interest in the Cary/Apex area, but no luck with anyone attending yet. I'm sure they'll be there in the future.

Cayman owners and Cayenne owners are little more elusive, and I'm guessing the older air-cooled 911 owners are attending the traditional PCA events. Haven't figured out how best to reach them yet.

Now that you've given your support for our Cary/Apex gathering, I'm all about supporting yours. I absolutely will make the time to join you guys one weekend with anyone from my group who is interested!

Keep posting with your progress.

Bob

Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
993inNC is infamous around these parts
Don't feel bad, its like pulling teeth down at the beach to get people to come out too! At least you guys have hilly twisty roads, we have................roads with a curve here and there
The problem tends to be (and I think this holds true with the charlotte group too) that most guys are track junkies, so they either get their jollies on track or are preparing the cars for track and don't dig street driving. Bob S. and Harvey and that little group are track guys, I would suspect the rest like to shine and show..............just a hunch.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
I'm in SC but I need a good excuse to stretch her legs. Keep us updated.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Looks like there are a few drivers out there.

I am assembling a distribution list (Outlook lingo for email list) to notify folks.

If you haven't already, shoot me an email to looneytoon@carolina.rr.com and I will add you to it.

I am guessing the first invite might be for May 3rd.

Once we know where everyone is located, I will try to locate a meeting spot that if fairly central.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
We'd try to make it to a few. Not that far away.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
We'd try to make it to a few. Not that far away.
+1 unless were puttin' up at Looney's place for the w/e

Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
If I had room, you'd all be welcome.

I do have a large backyard to pitch your tent and a Pop-up camper that I can setup that has and king and queen bed.

Don't you remember the college days.....................squeezing 10-12 people in a hotel room

Old 04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
2 things, first...........self made without college! (good wife and steady income but....) so I can't say I have those days to recall on
Secondly.............I don't do tents I'm not a Ritz type guy, but I have come to be rather fond of my creature comforts, you understand. Do appreciate the most gracious offer though.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
I think there's a 3rd group, 993inNC. It's the owners who haven't met anyone they'd choose to spend their limited leisure hours with. That's the toughest part about building the group. That's why I'm so envious of the people who attend the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit - it's a huge group of people who get together whether they're in the PCA or not.

It's tricky. I wonder if you can successfully build a group that includes, for example, younger owners who modify the heck out of their cars, and older owners who are real purists about their Porsches.

It's going to be fun to see if we can do it. So far, I'm having a great time.

Bob

Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
No thats fair too. Remember, old guys were once young no reason why they shouldn't enjoy those that mod their cars up. This a marque with a fairly wide variety of models and budgets. Down here we have retirees, college age, 30-40 somethings and we all get along well. For the most part, everyone respects everyone else's cars no matter the model etc. This isn't a miata club or any other model specific club so you have to be willing to reach out and accept those that are different. Now if they're just no nice people to be around, thats another story!
I just like these cars, I don't care who, what or age, just show up, be cool and contribute to the moment in some constructive way

Originally Posted by rotokim
I think there's a 3rd group, 993inNC. It's the owners who haven't met anyone they'd choose to spend their limited leisure hours with. That's the toughest part about building the group. That's why I'm so envious of the people who attend the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit - it's a huge group of people who get together whether they're in the PCA or not.

It's tricky. I wonder if you can successfully build a group that includes, for example, younger owners who modify the heck out of their cars, and older owners who are real purists about their Porsches.

It's going to be fun to see if we can do it. So far, I'm having a great time.

Bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Metro P Cars