10/3/09: 2nd Annual High Country Challenge (NC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Sisko99 is infamous around these parts
10/3/09: 2nd Annual High Country Challenge (NC)

Hey guys. So I know this is short notice....but I only just found this website. Anyway, I wanted to take a moment to invite you all out to a charity driving event I'm putting together up in the NC Mountains. You'll find some details below and more on the website. Mark your calendars for this event. Registration will open soon. Post up or e-mail me at information@highcountrychallenge.com if you have any questions.

Again, I know this is short notice...but I hope some of you have an open spot in your schedule to come out and run with us for a good cause.

Welcome to the 2nd Annual High Country Challenge!!!!
Scheduled for October 3rd, 2009

Full details: highcountrychallenge.com

What is this?
The High Country Challenge is a self-guided driving event through the heart of Americana. We provide the sponsor stops, you determine the route. An automotive adventure where you get to see beautiful sights, interesting locations, and great roads.

Where is it located?
The event this year will be centered in and around the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina.

Why should you participate?
Proceeds from the event are donated to a beneficiary each year. The NCNG Soldier and Airmen's Family Assistance Fund will once again be the recipient.

Who can play?
Anyone. We recognize one driver or one driver and one navigator as a team. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, bicycles are all welcome.

Cost?
$50 per vehicle; includes a light dinner at the last stop and all proceeds go to charity.

Prizes?
Grand Prize - All expenses paid (hotel room for one night and gas money for the day)
Additional prizes – Product and Service donations from Event and Route Sponsors

\How does the event work?
The participants will visit as many of our route sponsor stops as they desire. At each stop, trip tickets are available that will be used to qualify for the drawings at the end of the event. The more locations you visit the more drawing entries you earn. Pretty simple. Beyond that....we're not going to tell you how to get to each location or when you have to be there. The number of route stops will be kept relatively low in order to provide you with the most flexibility to get out, relax and enjoy the countryside.

Here are a few random pics from the event last year:

And now for this year's confirmed stops:
There will be four regular stops, 1 mystery stop and the whole thing ends at the Winery. To date we have three of the four nailed down along with the final destination. Kevin and I are hoping to have the remaining stop nailed down this week.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-23-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: removal of sponsor promotion
Old 09-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Sisko99 is infamous around these parts
The Challenge is this weekend! Come on out and join the fun. We should have a pretty good turnout with some very nice cars!