Feeler: North Georgia mountain run (mid to late October)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:41 PM
SloPoke is infamous around these parts
Feeler: North Georgia mountain run (mid to late October)

Being new to the forum, I'd like to meet some of you and what better way to do that than a nice mountain drive. Who would be interested in riding up to "Georgia's Dragon", better known as the Suches Loop sometime in mid to late October? I'm not talking about a day of blasting through the mountain roads at ridiculous speeds, just cruising and admiring the nice fall weather with good company. Here is a link to the route for those who are wondering.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route.../GA/GA_4.shtml

I'll be setting a date when I get a better idea on when the leaves are going to start turning. I also found there is an "extended" Suches Loop which is slightly longer. I figure we can meet up somewhere in the morning for coffee/breakfast and then eat lunch in Helen maybe? Oktoberfest anyone??

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-03-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
might be interested...

Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
I think there is a large group of guys going up their this Sunday. Not sure what group tho.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
That's cool. It's just too hot right now for me to do a North Georgia mountain run.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 PM
a986dude is infamous around these parts
Definitely interested. Depends on the date. All around Helen is packed during Octoberfest. May want to plan a week before or after. Its never too hot for a mountain run!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 PM
The problem is Okterberfest last two months up there. If you've ever been, when is a good time to miss the larger crowds?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:20 PM
a986dude is infamous around these parts
You got me on that one. I didn't know it lasted 2 months. There used to be a group that went the Sunday after Petit Le Mans, but I was never able to make it so I don't know how crowded it was then.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok, I'm thinking October 23rd is looking good for this little day trip.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I've ridden sport bikes up there for over 30+ years, but with the P Car, I've gotten to where I only go on weekdays.

Just too many bikes and bicycles on Sat & Sun.

I don't want a bike shaped dent in my hood.......

Then you get the "Leaf looking" tourists in Oct.

Last edited by Brando; 08-20-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
In the FWIW department. This weekend is Destination Helen up in the area, and suspect most of the roads will have their small packs of slow HD's cruising around.

Last edited by KaamaCat; 08-21-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by kaamacat
in the fwif department. This weekend is destination helen up in the area, and suspect most of the roads will have their small packs of slow hd's cruising around.
fwif?

Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Oops.........FWIW (fixed)......For-What-Its-Worth.........

Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I have been itching for a drive for some time now, but have to put them all on hold - I'm trading the C63 when the C2S arrives so I don't want any unnecessary wear and tear between now and then. Starting in 2011, I'll be going as often as I can.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Mr.Jack is infamous around these parts
I'd be down for this, and a few of my friends would be too i think. I'm only 19 so it wont be Pcars XD but we'll contribute a few S4s and e46 M3s lol

Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I might be interested, depending on the day. I have kids in sports and that's always a priority...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler: North Georgia mountain run (mid to late October)