2-3-08 - RKC Sunday Afternoon Car Meet - FILLING STATION DALLAS - SPECIAL HOURS -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Bakushan is infamous around these parts
Well, this apart of why I am experimenting.

I have been doing events for 3 years and learned alot. I have personally done over 200 events.

My new sunday meets are the "way of the future". By inviting mature owners and marketing it only to high-end owners forums the result is a 30-100 car meet with all nice/clean cars. Now, thats big to most of you but I once had meets with 500+.

The deal with the 500+ is just what you said, they are not 500 mature owners. With that amount, you get all the problems, trouble, liability, etc.

I am thinking maybe there is a way I can do a Monday meet again, but with similar rules to my Sunday meet, no dirty cars, no immature people, etc.... maybe have Screeners at all entrances...

Here is what I do know, that monday meet brought in $5,000-$8500 a week in additional business to the restaurant that hosted it!

If we could find a way to harness the activity, keep it safe and centralized, we could harness a huge money making opportunity for any event sponsors or affiliated restaurants, etc.

If I could get a great location, I could go from there. I could make something happen.

But I would want to keep it FRISCO or south, no further west than grapevine, no east than garland, and no south than nw-highway & 75....

Options? Opinions? Suggestions?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bakushan
Well, this apart of why I am experimenting.

I have been doing events for 3 years and learned alot. I have personally done over 200 events.

My new sunday meets are the "way of the future". By inviting mature owners and marketing it only to high-end owners forums the result is a 30-100 car meet with all nice/clean cars. Now, thats big to most of you but I once had meets with 500+.

The deal with the 500+ is just what you said, they are not 500 mature owners. With that amount, you get all the problems, trouble, liability, etc.

I am thinking maybe there is a way I can do a Monday meet again, but with similar rules to my Sunday meet, no dirty cars, no immature people, etc.... maybe have Screeners at all entrances...

Here is what I do know, that monday meet brought in $5,000-$8500 a week in additional business to the restaurant that hosted it!

If we could find a way to harness the activity, keep it safe and centralized, we could harness a huge money making opportunity for any event sponsors or affiliated restaurants, etc.

If I could get a great location, I could go from there. I could make something happen.

But I would want to keep it FRISCO or south, no further west than grapevine, no east than garland, and no south than nw-highway & 75....

Options? Opinions? Suggestions?
Good point.

We had around 140 cars show up 1 Monday at Luigis.
Chase bank gave me the buildings parking as well as some spilled into my parking which worked great. I actually did free Pizza pizza for everyone which was not bad but we did end up givng allot of food out. I can talk to the bank again and have them do it for me if I ask.

We had all quality cars from a Carrera GT to BMW m3s. 99% of the people were 25-50 and we had no bikes show up. I do not want a bike meet.

As for promoting it I would talk to the city if we made it another Ricekiller meet sinc I dont know what kind of taste was left in thier mouth from the last meet. I work allot with charity and the city to organize other events and I dont want to upset anyone.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
Good point.

We had around 140 cars show up 1 Monday at Luigis.
Chase bank gave me the buildings parking as well as some spilled into my parking which worked great. I actually did free Pizza pizza for everyone which was not bad but we did end up givng allot of food out. I can talk to the bank again and have them do it for me if I ask.

We had all quality cars from a Carrera GT to BMW m3s. 99% of the people were 25-50 and we had no bikes show up. I do not want a bike meet.

As for promoting it I would talk to the city if we made it another Ricekiller meet sinc I dont know what kind of taste was left in thier mouth from the last meet. I work allot with charity and the city to organize other events and I dont want to upset anyone.
I dont know what kind of taste it left either.

The police came in all the time and looked at cars. Didnt get many negative comments. But what do I know? The reason cruisers shut down was for unrelated issues with permits...

Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bakushan
I dont know what kind of taste it left either.

The police came in all the time and looked at cars. Didnt get many negative comments. But what do I know? The reason cruisers shut down was for unrelated issues with permits...
I knew the troopers that did security at the event.

I was told:

*Extra Patrol for racing was needed
*Parking in the center behind cruisers was prohibited by the owner. (this is why the event started to come to a end)
*Burnouts and racing made local officials upset therefor higher enforcement was put on the attendees.

I know we can make all this go away if the event is done right. I can even talk to the city and have Police Vehicles be in the parking lot to make sure anything that shouldnt be happening is not. This service is at a cost from the city but it is possable.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I do not open on Mondays but can open for the event.
The Bank closes at 6
Wiggles closes I think 630
Dentist closes 530

This means that the whole parking lot is available to us.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok.

So the issues here.

With a large number of people, we have higher potintial for burnouts, racing, trouble, etc..

So the remedy? We screen cars coming to the meet, have a high police presence, and enforce rules during the meet via a team of "Staff Members". We work hand and hand with local officials to create and coordinate the entire event. I can even get event insurance if needed.

Getting this going could be very beneficial for any business involved. I am not going to lie, it will be difficult, and will take some phone calls and networking, but the end result could be the largest weekly car meet in the southern united states, and the name of the business associated with that getting the profit of that notoriety and the business it brings...

When can we meet in person to discuss further?