HOUSTON NEXT MEET 8/10/08 - need emails and contact information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:34 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Just got home, passed on the cruise, some very nice cars out, I can't wait to see the pics...

997 GT2
2 996 GT2's
2 997 TT's
2 996 TT's
1 F430
2 Ford GT's
3-4 Supra's
A few C6 Z06's
New 4 door M3
and a few other notables...

Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Awesome meet, thanks V. You really deserve huge props for setting this up.

Had some fun on the Mexican 290...that new (997) GT2 is incredibly fast for a stock car...could barely put 2 lengths on it. Dennis got a one length jump (Um, take off on the third honk not the second) and held it to 150...we shut down because our wives were with us (I still can't figure how Dennis got such a pretty gal to marry him, she must have some vision problems).

Soroushes' Ford GT Fugetaboutit....consistently put at least 2 lengths on my car, even if I got the jump, car is a monster. I was, however able to run the other GT fairly even.

next time I will have my new GT 30's.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
armadillo is infamous around these parts
signed up, hope to make the next one.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:30 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Awesome meet, thanks V. You really deserve huge props for setting this up.

Dennis got a one length jump (Um, take off on the third honk not the second) and held it to 150...we shut down because our wives were with us (I still can't figure how Dennis got such a pretty gal to marry him, she must have some vision problems).
Agreed...awesome meet "Thank You" to Vinol (sp?) and our cruise leader... Was nice to meet some new faces and of course see some of the old ugly ones...Sean *cough* Paulie *cough*...

Sean, are you ok...? One of those heavy days today...? Guess you had to leave early for 'personal' reasons...anyway hope you get to be feeling better. I've heard a warm water bottle helps with severe primary dysmenorrhea and NSAIDs are said to help as well.

As far as the "jump" yes I started a little early anticipating your 3rd honk on one of the runs. I've got an "itchy" throttle toe...I could barely hear your horn so I lifted for a split second (after realizing you only honked twice) then got back in it...with all that power ya'll are making everyone should give me the jump...

Your correct my wife has very poor vision...Thank God

Had a great time everyone. Sorry we had to cut the cruise short but we had to get back to Baytown/Mont Belvieu by 4pm. Looking forward to the next GTG...hope everyone made it back safe.

Last edited by DJ'sZ; 08-10-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dennis,

I couldn't believe my eyes when you ran so close to Soroush, it looked like he barely had a length on you. How does a little old Corvette that dynos in the mid 500's hang w/ a mighty Ford GT that dynos over 700?

Old 08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Dennis,

I couldn't believe my eyes when you ran so close to Soroush, it looked like he barely had a length on you. How does a little old Corvette that dynos in the mid 500's hang w/ a mighty Ford GT that dynos over 700?
Don't...He usually gives me the hit so I jump out maybe a fender or so. I can run with him till 3rd then he puts 1-1 1/2 cars on me and it stays like that through 4th. I'd like to run all the way through 4th and 5th to see how the Z does. I think 5th gear gearing is better in the Ford GT and the Porsche's 5th & 6th is much better than my 5th gear. 6th gear usless for top end in the Z06's.

BTW I did get 24 mpg at 70 mph on the way back home...

Old 08-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Calculating mpg on a fun run in Mexico? I think only a true Mangina having a heavy day would do that

Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Calculating mpg on a fun run in Mexico? I think only a true Mangina having a heavy day would do that
No need to "calculate"...The DIC does it for me. Just thought I'd share that little tid bit so you too can see the true flexibility of the almighty Z....

Thanks Sean...now you got me singing that dumb *** "Mangina" song you did for Peter...

Old 08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Girls girls girls...CALM DOWN! Next time I will bring whitey and lay a whoopin' on some asses! Lord only knows Sean would say "Peter's 1,500 rwhp Supra pulled 0.5 car lengths on me from 60-200, but that's b/c he jumped me..." LOL

Break it down: Sean's car made 564 rwhp, Dennis' car made 540 rwhp...Sean shifts like a girl...all of a sudden, it does not seem so improbable that the two cars are even. Anything else?

On another note, it was nice seeing everyone. Dennis, your wife seems like a great lady and it's evident that she got the short end of the stick (no pun intended buddy) Sean, I didn't even see your wife until you all were pulling out to leave...where was she? Soroush, as always, representing for the boosted beasts! See you guys next time....I will do a 60-130 in September when it's cooler... (at night of course) Talk about MANGINA, maybe Dennis won't have an excuse this time!

Peter

Old 08-10-2008, 10:58 PM
vramani is infamous around these parts
FUN! You guys are nuts.

Pictures will be up on www.urbanspeed.com by end of the week. Next event 9.14.08

Thanks for coming out. Send me emails letting me know what and how we can improve.

What DOES everyone want to do:

TRACK event?
Just hang out?
Leave at 9:00 sharp?

vramani@urbanspeed.com

Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
vramani is infamous around these parts
Models And Cars

coming soon men!!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by vramani

What DOES everyone want to do:?
1: Hang out. Doing so is one of the main reasons we do GTG, yes?

2:Make fun of Paulie's shoes and socks and generate a theory to explain them. My hypothesis is early stage Alzheimer's.

3:Highway run on's once we get to a sparsely populated stretch of highway in Mexico.

4: Pictures of your hot secretary and my wife "being nice" to each other.

5: Set up some sort of track rental/day.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Next event 9.14.08

TRACK event?
Just hang out?
Actually attend! Thats my priority for the next one..
Track day sounds interesting!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:49 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !

TRACK event?
Just hang out?

vramani@urbanspeed.com
Vinod,

So far I think everything is run pretty well, based on the event being new. I think after maybe one or two more we should work on getting on the road by 9:00 a.m. It shouldn't be too hard once the regulars are determined. Hanging out is always fun and maybe meeting at 8:30 is a good idea to grab a coffee or something. As for hanging out I think it'd be better to get to the cruise destination and mingle there. I've spoken with Sean about putting a track day together and I've got a few pretty good ideas as far as that goes. I'll email or call you this week about those. Thanks again for all of your hospitality its nice to see the guys on the west coast aren't the only ones having these gatherings.

Ben

Last edited by bmoores; 08-11-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Sinner is infamous around these parts
Photos: 701HP.com

Click on Social Photos > 8/9/08 Houston Exotics Meet

Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HOUSTON NEXT MEET 8/10/08 - need emails and contact information