HOUSTON NEXT MEET 8/10/08 - need emails and contact information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ben,

I am with you brother on the track day, great idea....and for those of you that don't know, Ben is an instructor.

However 8:30 on a Sunday and on the road by 9???

People sleep in on the weekends and the 9 to 11 bullshoot session is the shizzle.

IMO Vinod has the timing perfect.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Ben,

I am with you brother on the track day, great idea....and for those of you that don't know, Ben is an instructor.

However 8:30 on a Sunday and on the road by 9???

People sleep in on the weekends and the 9 to 11 bullshoot session is the shizzle.

IMO Vinod has the timing perfect.
Sean,

It's one Sunday a month. I like sleeping in as much as the next guy but I can handle dragging my *** out of bed early once a month hungover or not.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sinner
Photos: 701HP.com

Click on Social Photos > 8/9/08 Houston Exotics Meet

Enjoy!
We need more pics!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
The earlier the better,productive people are early risers.
Sean sleeps late.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Sinner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmoores
We need more pics!!!!
LOL. Paulie said the same thing. I will try to get some more up later on after work. Good seeing everyone out there!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
IMO...earlier the better for the cruise...less traffic to deal with as we're heading to our destination. Seems as though some folk don't like the idea of expensive sports cars cluttering up they're freeway...

The less attention we can draw to us on our way to Mexico the better...

Again, great concept Vinod and thank you for your time and effort putting this venue together for all the local car nutzzz...

Last edited by DJ'sZ; 08-11-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Venol

Way to massacre our hosts name.

Forgive him Vinod for he knows not what he says.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Ben,

The idea for a go-cart track day is excellent. It is my understanding that go-cart tracking will translate to real car skills (you still have to work on lines, braking etc.) w/ out putting thousands of $ of damages on our precious street cars. And of course we can still have the occasional regular car track day.

I am down and it seems that you have solid connections at MSR that will result in us getting excellent deals.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Venol

Way to massacre our hosts name.

Forgive him Vinod for he knows not what he says.
LOL...fixed

Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Ben,

The idea for a go-cart track day is excellent. It is my understanding that go-cart tracking will translate to real car skills (you still have to work on lines, braking etc.) w/ out putting thousands of $ of damages on our precious street cars. And of course we can still have the occasional regular car track day.

I am down and it seems that you have solid connections at MSR that will result in us getting excellent deals.
Sean,

It absolutely translates to real car skills. Your hands will become so quick after driving a kart, especially the higher powered ones, that it makes even the most hi-powered track cars seem tame. While you will be working on basics, the techniques of driving a kart are somewhat different. As you may know a lot of people use miata's and other lower power cars for DE's to really focus on the driving fundamentals. Not having the power to save you when the tail steps out really forces you to focus on two things: hand speed and feel. Karting dramatically improves both of these things in a fairly short amount of time. It is also nice to take something away from the track as you say and not worry about having to replace your tires, pads, rotors, or worse the following Monday. There will be free track time and kart rental as awards. I've got them willing to throw that in as perk at this point. More details to come.

See you Thursday.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Ben,

I agree, I want to focus more on driving fundamentals and less on a car that compensates for my lack of them. The price you are negotiating seems excellent.

Dennis,

Are you down for this idea?

Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Also,

I'd like to try and keep everything inline with what Vinod is doing. He has done a great job broadcasting what is going on as far as gathering all the guys on Sundays. I think it is wise to keep UrbanSpeed/Living as the main point of organization and broadcast. Vinod seems to have a vision similar to most and I think the track we are on now is the right one. I am happy to contribute my resources and take the reigns on the track event side of things. Vinod did mention yesterday being able to collect payments for the group events to increase the enjoyment and decrease hassle/confusion on "game day." I can't see anyone complaining about that. We've got the ball rolling and I'm just happy to see there is a group of guys in Houston as sick as I am. Update to come on Thursday evening!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Dennis,

Are you down for this idea?
ABSOLUTELY...!!! I love to race Karts. Will these be 125cc shifter Karts...?

Include me on any PM's.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 PM
vramani is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the comments

I am down with the karts always wanted to get out to the track so it will be a blast. Lets go cut a deal and make it fun!

Last edited by vramani; 08-13-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
vramani is infamous around these parts
Pictures and Video

will be up soon SORRY for delay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HOUSTON NEXT MEET 8/10/08 - need emails and contact information