Insanely Good Detailer? aka Paul Dalton style?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:22 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Insanely Good Detailer? aka Paul Dalton style?

I saw this vid from 5th gear recently and the associated website:
http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/index.html

I would have to assume there are some equally obsessive and high-end detailers here in the states somewhere? Anybody know of one anywhere?

With the black cars, I meet guys all the time that say they are great detailers. And some may be pretty good (like it looks like Dan at Ideal does a good job http://www.idealdetailing.com/ and I met him at a gathering recently), but just wondering if there is anyone knows of a guy or team stateside that is super hardcore like Paul is.
TIA

Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
I think A sent you an email on this Dave, they do not call me the magician for no reason.

I look forward to doing it.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
You did if this is your new handle :-)

Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 AM
And for the bi-annual several thousand dollar 'super-detail' = I found this dude: Todd Helme in Florida...in Detailer circles he is apparently one of the only guys on the Paul Dalton level in the country -
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...40/index3.html

Not sure how feasible it is to fly him out here, but I will be examining that option.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by nightdriver
I think A sent you an email on this Dave, they do not call me the magician for no reason.

I look forward to doing it.
Or is this Dan? (sorry, the black vette confused me :-))

Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Or is this Dan? (sorry, the black vette confused me :-))
No, it is Justin with the black C6 and Viper.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
oh, yea yea...I met you through Aaron. Cool and yeah, my new garage will be up within 4 weeks, so I want it to get a nice thorough detail and wax before pretty much putting it up for the winter.
(hoping its not going to be too extreme and I get to take it out a couple times, but figure the winter is more Audi territory anyway :-))

Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
You have AWD so put a ski rack on it and your set.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
oh, yea yea...I met you through Aaron. Cool and yeah, my new garage will be up within 4 weeks, so I want it to get a nice thorough detail and wax before pretty much putting it up for the winter.
(hoping its not going to be too extreme and I get to take it out a couple times, but figure the winter is more Audi territory anyway :-))
Well, ready when you are. It will be perfect, or I will buy the car from you.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but there are only a hand full of us that detail on PD's level.

You must remember there are a lot of marketing (smoke and mirrors) technique involved in some of those high dollar details and what really matters are results.

Not saying those detailers are not worth it or anything less then great quality detailers just that if one does not take hundreds of paint depth measurements and imput them into a laptop that we're not great detailers....

I've performed plenty of multi thousand dollar rejuvinations but I choose to leave all the BS out of it and just give it to my clients straight.

Josh

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
ExpressAuto is infamous around these parts
email sent . I also will be ordering some new Swissvax Divine as I'm almost out